The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator CDaughtry's Avatar

J.D. Simo demonstrating how the out of phase sound is supposed to sound!!!

Enjoy!

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: J.D. Simo demonstrating how the out of phase sound is supposed to sound!!!

Fabulous playing, thanks for posting that. What a version of Sweet Little Angel!

Please tell him to come and do some gigs in the UK again, it's been too long.

Tasty!
    Was his guitar wired out of phase from the factory or did he flip one of the magnets?

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blewsbreaker View Post
    Tasty!
    Was his guitar wired out of phase from the factory or did he flip one of the magnets?
    He had Joe Glazer put in a push pull pot to reverse the phase of one of the pickups.

As an aside does anyone know why Elad isn't playing with the band anymore?

on the middle & bridge pickup of my L.P. Custom

Geez, have a little Reverb... Oye, way too much for my listening pleasure..

Les Paul Forum Member mistersnappy's Avatar

Yeah! Reminds me of when I saw him in Dallas a few years back. He had either his regular 335 Red or a borrowed 345 thru a Traynor and did "Whats On Your Mind" (slow blues) and it was a class in '60s BB King tones. My fave part of the show.
    "That's what I love, man, to hear that backbeat popping, that damn bass plonkin' down. Jesus God!"-Duane Allman

Wow, killer playing and feel, and tone!

Les Paul Forum Member deytookerjaabs's Avatar

Perfect, nailed it, no other way to put it..syncopation, ideas, phrases, with an emphasis on the upbeat....that's how you play proper early style electric blues IMO.

That sounds great! I’d like to try that push/pull mod on one of my hollow-bodies.

Les Paul Forum Member Texsunburst59's Avatar

Great playing and phrasing.

Other than TOOOOO much reverb, it was really good.

As always, great phrasing, tone, vocabulary, and emotion from JD!

Les Paul Forum Member

Charlie, Thanks for posting that . J.D. could arguably be the BEST guitar slinger today .

I like the reverb! I like his tone through the Fender amps too. While he sounded great with his Marshall, to my ear the Fender adds a beautiful sweetness that I really like. It is especially refreshing to hear humbucking pickups through the low and mid powered blackface circuits. Those amps were omnipresent in the USA music scene in the 1960's and then again in late 1980's - 1990's blues scene, but then usually with single coil guitar pickups.
    Now we just need to get the other two gents onstage into 1960's styled suits and ties...
    Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome JD Simo and the AB763's

Buckaroo
    Last edited by buckaroo; 06-12-18 at 09:18 PM.

very cool.. I also like his tone with the Fenders, including the Reverb..there is a passion behind those notes that is very authentic too

Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    Charlie, Thanks for posting that . J.D. could arguably be the BEST guitar slinger today .

I'd like to see JD and Eric Gales jam together sometime. Eric is right off the deep end of outer space. I think JD has the talent and versatility to follow. I think Jared Nichols is headed that way too.