• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Anarchist...can I get a little artsy?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I LOVE this guitar!:dude:

DSC_4269-XL.jpg

DSC_4289-XL.jpg

DSC_4165-XL.jpg

DSC_4167-XL.jpg

DSC_4178-XL.jpg

DSC_4206-XL.jpg

DSC_4298-XL.jpg

BSeneca

The aging on the upper bout looks a lot like my 52. I love mine as well. Fantastic tone with the old wood and P-90's. Great Pics!

fakejake

I wonder whether Joe B would actually play this guitar live in front of an audience, given the sticker....
Or has he already? Would be quite a statement along with the suit and shades... :rofl:yah

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
I was proud of myself yesterday. The neck pickup in this guitar is glorious. However, the bridge pickup was initially a little poochie. I changed the strings and before putting the new ones on, I shimmed the bridge pickup with a popsicle stick. Freakin’ thing roars now!:dude:

renderit

I like my 90's closer rather than poles up (most of the time, I have one that just gets muddy). That guitar rocks! I would LOVE to have one just like it.

MapleFlame

I was proud of myself yesterday. The neck pickup in this guitar is glorious. However, the bridge pickup was initially a little poochie. I changed the strings and before putting the new ones on, I shimmed the bridge pickup with a popsicle stick. Freakin’ thing roars now!:dude:

You gotta admit, I was right about keeping this guitar basically as is. I am always amazed how good these 52-53 guitars can be. Glad it worked out.

goldtop0

A well loved warrior:2cool

About 25 years ago I was at our Auckland Rockshop and asked if they had any old Gibsons and out came a '52 with a baseball bat neck.......not as used as yours though Charlie.
Was bought by the guitarist in Bryan Adams band I think in the end......... NZ$6k.