• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I polished my VOS R8 yesterday..

fakejake

Cool! I'm about to do the same to my R8. Did you remove all the hardware before? I assume you polished by hand?
Thanks!

lare65

Cool! I'm about to do the same to my R8. Did you remove all the hardware before? I assume you polished by hand?
Thanks!

All the hardware exept the tonepots. Took the knobs away though. Did the polishing by hand yes. Only took a few minutes.

River Hill

Looks great. I have been on the fence about purchasing a VOS or Gloss 59' Custom, so now leaning towards the VOS.

lare65

Beautiful guitar - lovely flame. Love the colour - is it a tea burst? and what year is it?

The finish looks great, I'm more of a gloss man than VOS but that looks great imo.

Thanks man. Yes, tea burst. 2013.

Tommy Tourbus

I hate VOS. All the one's I've had have gone through a ritual of stripping down of all parts, polishing and buffing, and having the rusty screws soaked in rust remover.

lare65

I hate VOS. All the one's I've had have gone through a ritual of stripping down of all parts, polishing and buffing, and having the rusty screws soaked in rust remover.

I love vintage looking metal parts and finish but the VOS on my Lester looked like crap.