• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Thinking about a move to Memphis area...

Hotshot

I landed 3 times on those EWR runways last week. Every time i fly in there i have the Sopranos theme in my head. Those damn sea cranes.. 20K a year in taxes??? And you guy laugh at us Canadians for paying a lot of tax. Jeebus..

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
I'm probably not the most impartial opinion here. I'm a Memphian born and raised in Midtown.

I love it where I am. Cost of living is great and I genuinely feel like the city is, in part at least, on an uptick.

I travel a lot, so maybe I just like coming home to the city.

Not a lot of grey areas when it comes to moving here. People either really love it and it clicks or they REALLY REALLY hate it and spend the rest of their lives dog cussing the city:laugh2:

Thanks for that. I appreciate it... :salude

I saw "Harry and the Hendersons"!

:peace2

I landed 3 times on those EWR runways last week. Every time i fly in there i have the Sopranos theme in my head. Those damn sea cranes.. 20K a year in taxes??? And you guy laugh at us Canadians for paying a lot of tax. Jeebus..

Canada? Fuhgeddaboudit! :rofl I can ship an AOG aircraft part, anywhere on the planet, with no problem, whatsoever. But shipping to Canada is major pain in the ass! The part almost always gets held up by Canadian Customs, while I have a plane sitting dead on the tarmac. Sometimes for days...

The high property tax in Jersey? Yeah well... Maybe they should stop voting for guys like Phil Murphy, who ran and won on a "I'm going to raise your taxes even more" platform... :hmm

1jamman

Sad thing about the taxes in the USA these days . Just wait 'till next year ..... Think it's bad now ??? LOL!!! I gave up some , to get rid of all that garbage ....
Now I worry about , when will it warm up enough so I can go thong hunting at the beach ??? :biggrin:
Understanding the South should be done before a move there . It ain't the same as up North.

renderit

Yeah, there's little 'social' thangs sure to put a burr in yer britches. I learnt that my first week here:

1) Walked into a bank. 2 tellers were talking with each other. And talking. And talking. I said "Pardon me? I'd like to make a deposit.".

I was considered the rude one for breaking up their conversation.

2) If you call 5 contractors for a job bid like to screen in your porch.

None will call back.

6 weeks later one will call and ask if you are still interested. But they will never show after setting up an appointment.

A year later a different one will call back and ask if you need any work done.

Which is probably for the best because everyone that has successfully contracted down here learns:

a) They show up and destroy the work area.

b) They disappear for months.

c) Every few years they go out of business and change their name. Wonder why?

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, there's little 'social' thangs sure to put a burr in yer britches. I learnt that my first week here:

1) Walked into a bank. 2 tellers were talking with each other. And talking. And talking. I said "Pardon me? I'd like to make a deposit.".

I was considered the rude one for breaking up their conversation.

2) If you call 5 contractors for a job bid like to screen in your porch.

None will call back.

6 weeks later one will call and ask if you are still interested. But they will never show after setting up an appointment.

A year later a different one will call back and ask if you need any work done.

Which is probably for the best because everyone that has successfully contracted down here learns:

a) They show up and destroy the work area.

b) They disappear for months.

c) Every few years they go out of business and change their name. Wonder why?

Item #2 sounds a lot like North-Eastern Pennsylvania... :rofl