• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Help with 345 at Rumbleseat

geddy402

I enjoyed been looking at a vintage ES guitar for sometime and this one popped up recently at Rumbleseat. They seem to be a reputable dealer and I visited their store when they were in Ithaca, seemed like nice guys. No direct link to the guitar but it’s in their main page. Link below.

http://rumbleseatmusic.com/electrics/

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a chance to play this one. Anything I should be concerned about thenguitar? Seems pretty straight based on their descritpion. Seem like a decent price? Not sure I can afford that price tag but I’d be willing to trade in a few guitars to get the price down closer to something I can deal with. I figure I only need one humbucking guitar...for now.

Thanks formthe help!

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
They are a fine store, with a very good reputation. Also, a sponsor here. It looks le the PAFs have been replaced with Pat. Sticker pickups. Beautiful guitar

vintage58

Knobs should probably be black, and the tuners are most likely not original. At any rate, nice-looking guitar.

DEVILBAT

yep...that was one of mine...and those burst knobs, long guard, black vari tone ring, brown case,non wire abr 1 are original. Varitone is in the case.
Quite a nice guitar.

Last edited:

geddy402

No, I didn’t. I sent a message to them last night and never heard back. Saw it’s gone now. I guess you snooze you lose!

DEVILBAT

Any word on what happened to the PAFs?

Yea....I took them out about 4 years ago and put early patent number pickups that I liked better in there.

If it's sold I'm heading to Amsterdam for a month.

Funny thing is, Gilvis still has the guitar on his gbase page for years now.....I replaced those repro tuners with original old pat pending grovers from a 355 several years back.

xoxo to Gilvis. I love that guy.

Last edited: