• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

'67 SG Special crack?

GibbyLover

Hi,

does this look structural? I don't have more pictures, sorry

eSXOnk.jpg

Evr82Q.jpg

Some other pics, any comment on those (tuners and bridge obviously)?
BNlrgl.jpg

GMwuaP.jpg

iS0mcO.jpg

HQO6dg.jpg

CrfgJT.jpg

Last edited:

Wizard1183

Hi,

does this look structural? I don't have more pictures, sorry

eSXOnk.jpg

Evr82Q.jpg

Some other pics, any comment on those (tuners and bridge obviously)?
BNlrgl.jpg

GMwuaP.jpg

iS0mcO.jpg

HQO6dg.jpg

CrfgJT.jpg
Absolutely that’s a crack from neck to horn! Looking to buy it? Forget it! Or drop a $1-1500 off price....

lous1952

If the crack actually goes from the neck to the horn, I would say the neck will need attention soon.
If the crack does not go to the neck/neck joint, then it may have been dropped on the horn and the neck/neck joint may not be damaged.
I've seen SGs with body cracks around the horn that did not have neck/neck joint damage.

Another thing that you ought to know- it's not a '67, it is almost certainly a '69.

jtees4

I am pretty sure it is not structural, but impossible to know 100% for any of us without seeing it in person I'd think.

herbie74

Also given missing dot over the i and neck joint is probably a 69 not 67. I know this thread is a little old but just FYI.