• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Seymour Duncan Joe B Amos pickups

gmann

Anybody using these? What do you think? I recently bought a Korina Explorer and I'm replacing the pups. These look interesting, kinda pricey but interesting. My other choice was the SD Antiquities. These are only a little more.

corpse

A million opinions- try 'em. Report back. Seymour doesn't make any crap.

GastonG

Seymour Duncan AMOS set = Heaven tone for me ! Huge huge tone step from the Classic 57 to a set of Amos.

Have a Gibson Korina "V" that I bought a few years back, but wasn't using it that much because the sound was kind of weak and dull with the original Gibson Classic 57 until........ Amos
Two days ago I put a set of Amos in it, and BANG ! Now got an amazing (vintage) tone ! and serious output ! (used to own an original 59 "V" #9 0973). With these pickups, I found that I'm very very close to the tone of my (ex) old original 59 "V".

Thanks to Seymour Duncan and Joe Bonamassa !

That "V" won't stay in the closet anymore (Can't stop playing it since !)
2010KorinaFlyingV_SD-Amos2018pickups.jpg

Gaston :salude

Last edited:

rickruz88

I installed a set of these on a 90's Les Paul Classic with an upgraded 50s-style wiring harness from ThroBak and it sounds amazing! Quite frankly, in certain ways, it sounds just as good or better than my 2018 R9.