• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Racks

Sapient

Actually I just went back to a 5U system with the new Synergy SYN-2 rack. I've actually replaced my "amp/amp/cab" rig with it. Seems kind of strange since a nice "vintage" looking rig has been the thing for years now. :hee

c_wester

I like a rack without any extra gear.
But the one I have is also great on its own.

Luke Gibson

I still have my 90's Rack Rig. Hoping for a Queensryche Tribute Band ;)

It doesn't get used very much but I still enjoy plugging into it from time to time. Extremely versatile......

I don't have photobucket anymore so I can't post a picture.

Furman Power Conditioner
ADA MP-1 Preamp
Rocktron Intellifex
BBE Sonic Maximizer
VHT 2/50/2 Power Amp

Last edited:

Bob Womack

I didn't use them before but i was given a rack system based around a Marshall JMP-1 and a Tubeworks MOSFET 962 amp. People have been talking about going back to clean power amps for their modelers and pedalboards and I think I might just have the beginnings here!

racklvsm.jpg

Bob

TM1

I use to see guys back in the `80's into the 90's wheel in these 4' to 6' tall racks into a club with a split(stereo) 4x12 Marshall bottom. To my ears they sounded like Bees in a jam jar..
I guess everything that comes around goes around again.. I just show up with either a 15 watt to 30 watt amp and a couple of pedals.. I don't like digital or modeling as it doesn't sound right to me.. but I guess I'm becoming a dinasour..