• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul Kossoff Darkburst Appreciation Thread

A.D.Fairhurst

I think I have found my favourite finish on any guitar, ever. Not just Les Pauls, ANY guitar: Paul Kossoff’s 1958 Darkburst. Take a look at these (grainy) screenshots from YouTube...
99DAE609-B0F0-4948-95BF-2DEA9BB9933C.jpgEFEB50FF-ACBF-47BF-B466-B64FC99FE107.jpg0CC2DA10-4380-472F-AFA1-53519832B323.jpg
I am just in absolute awe at how many different colours can be seen within one sunburst; there’s black around the edges, segueing into hints of luscious purple and deep crimson, vibrant orange and a brighter yellow centre than any other dark burst I’ve ever seen. Pretty much every other dark burst seems to have a brown centre, which to me is far less pleasing than this vivid yellow.

Nothing else I want to say. Just needed to express my appreciation for this amazing instrument. That is all.