• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Turnstone Guitars - Acoustic content.

ourmaninthenorth

Turnstone Guitars - Acoustic content & David Plues PRS...gulp!!!

For the third year running, my absolute favourite guitar of the North West Guitar show at Haydock Park, was made by this extraordinarily talented Luthier, Rosie Heydenrych of Turnstone Guitars.

I first played one of her creations about 3 years ago, and now seek her out at every show.

This particular guitar, in Bog Oak and English Cedar is, in my humble opinion, the very best yet. I honestly think she's pushing at those elusive fractions at the boundaries between great and absolutely sensational.

Check her out if you get the chance, you can thank me later....

http://turnstoneguitar.co.uk/

DYROe6D.jpg

aEWHhUJ.jpg

Oh and David Plues made me hold a PRS...heaven for-bloody-bid......:laugh2::laugh2: Note the slightly sardonic demeanour...

33057984_10204554630622264_5901697561953042432_n.jpg

Last edited:

renderit

Re: Turnstone Guitars - Acoustic content & David Plues PRS...gulp!!!

For the third year running, my absolute favourite guitar of the North West Guitar show at Haydock Park, was made by this extraordinarily talented Luthier, Rosie Heydenrych of Turnstone Guitars.

I first played one of her creations about 3 years ago, and now seek her out at every show.

This particular guitar, in Bog Oak and English Cedar is, in my humble opinion, the very best yet. I honestly think she's pushing at those illusive fractions at the boundaries between great and absolutely sensational.

Check her out if you get the chance, you can thank me later....

http://turnstoneguitar.co.uk/

DYROe6D.jpg

aEWHhUJ.jpg

Oh and David Plues made me hold a PRS...heaven for-bloody-bid......:laugh2::laugh2: Note the slightly sardonic demeanour...

That acoustic looks screamin' fantastic! I wish I could send her some moneys. P.S. I hope you washed your hands after the last picture.

ourmaninthenorth

That acoustic looks screamin' fantastic! I wish I could send her some moneys. P.S. I hope you washed your hands after the last picture.

I tell yer Mate, you know when you pick up a guitar and you just know...well this guitar is that. Deep clear voice, string balance unbelievable, build quality and wood choice...out of the park.

I give her 12/10..literally - the finest acoustic guitar I've played in years.

Even my Missus had a laugh at my expense on the PRS - she obviously sees the irony...:laugh2::laugh2:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

We often look at David that way, when asked to pose. :ganz :hee

I hope he wasn't selling that amp. I thought it was his favorite. :hmm
[and it looks like someone wrote a whole book about it!!]

ourmaninthenorth

We often look at David that way, when asked to pose. :ganz :hee

I hope he wasn't selling that amp. I thought it was his favorite. :hmm
[and it looks like someone wrote a whole book about it!!]

You should have seen the look he gave me Tom...:laugh2:

As to the amp, I seem to remember offering to give it a rub down with some sandpaper, and give it a few coats of varnish...you know to smarten it up a bit for him -I was getting splinters off the bloody thing just looking at it... it was at that point with a look of aghast, if indeed not agog, that he told me to bugger off from his stall...

:hee:hee

P.Walker

oh my god, that's like a harry potter wand. Oozes magic and quality.

I recently got a martin hd-28v myself and *that* really puts mine in its place :laugh2:

Love the ebony pins- about the only thing similar between yours and mine :hee

ourmaninthenorth

oh my god, that's like a harry potter wand. Oozes magic and quality.

I recently got a martin hd-28v myself and *that* really puts mine in its place :laugh2:

Love the ebony pins- about the only thing similar between yours and mine :hee

Love the one you're with Mate, your's is a fine instrument too. In and of themselves most guitars are..

I seem to remember Rosie telling me the pins and bridge are English Bog Oak.

There is so much quality out there in the Acoustic World, some of it beggars belief.

:salude

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
That Acoustic does look awfully good. Lots of detail shown on the website.

Previously I was blown away by the sound/feel of an acoustic in the UK, just south of Bristol. Someone was playing one in a pub there and we got talking.

http://www.kinkadeguitars.co.uk/about

ourmaninthenorth

Yeah, I know Jonny's work..I've played a couple of his OM models in the dim and distant, both mahogany if memory serves. Simple old fashioned craftsmanship and skill. Lovely.

My thoughts over the last few months tie in somewhat with the withering cry of "the guitar is dead" mantra that we're all hearing more and more.

I could easily do six figures today buying UK made acoustic guitars, I could increase that considerably by factoring in North American ones...the craftsmanship and beauty out there is mind numbing, across the board.

Small operations are producing world class instruments that would grace any of our lives.

This won't be a popular thing to say, but I'll say it anyway, these current/contemporaneous builders and guitars are clean skin, none of the piss in the well of the vintage world, none of the skulldugery and fakery and self delusion.

I believe this is where my guitar playing future lies...I'm simply exhausted by the investors weekly vibe of the guitar world as it is. I will continue to love Vintage guitars, and will try and take the offered opportunities to play them wherever possible, as in equal measure I will continue to loathe the burgeoning nonsense that goes with them.

At the guitar show last week, amidst a million pentatonic notes, and the same old shite that was there last year, and the year before...I remembered something about why I do this; a young Lady Luthier handed me a guitar that she'd poured her heart and soul into, and in return I played it with all my heart and soul..it was that good it nearly broke said heart with pleasure.

That's why I do this.

I have zero idea of the physics involved here, but have a look at some of the bracing in Rosie's guitars...it'd bring tears to a glass eye...

IMG_7564_d1450.jpg

ourmaninthenorth

Nice one XW.

The second guitar is the one I played a couple of weeks ago, and the one I'm gushing about.

I'm so pleased that Rosie is starting to get a foothold, she is a sheer delight of a person. And she really gets "it" .....

You heard it first here Lads.