• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ES-335 59 RI...what can you tell me about this one?

P.Walker

Only from my personal experience, they are better build and have in average lower neck angles. Otherwise are less historically accurate, for example their 63 Historic model still has big late 50s Mickey Mouse ears, uncorrect for 63 model.

I agree.

If I may add, for 1959 ES 335s I prefer the Nashville, and for 1963 reissues, I prefer the Memphis. Fortunately, my 63 reissue wasn't like the trainwreck described in this thread, so I miss letting go of it. They can build a good guitar- just not bang on 100% it seems.

jbear

Pictures linked in post #14
COA isn't the black Memphis type...it's bigger and is sorta orange-ey(?) ...I suppose is the best description.
Gibson says Nashville as does the label. That is all I can say...so far.

P.Walker

Pictures linked in post #14
COA isn't the black Memphis type...it's bigger and is sorta orange-ey(?) ...I suppose is the best description.
Gibson says Nashville as does the label. That is all I can say...so far.

If it is a 59 and the serial starts with A and the back of the headstock is clean, tuners are kluson, oversized pickguard, top hat knobs, thinner binding, wider frets, no memphis coa, then it is a nashville.

Just saw the pics. It is a nashville