• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NTSPGD!

RAB

Ha! We love our acronyms, don't we! In this case meaning new tortoise shell pick guard day! I posted pictures of my SVL '61 Reserve strat awhile back. Best playing and sounding "S" guitar I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch of original vintage Fender Strats (1956-63) over the decades...yup, been playing git-tar for 50 years! When I got the guitar from Simon it had an aged "mint" guard. I wanted something a bit more unusual so I undertook to find as realistic a replacement tortoise guard as possible. No easy task, most repros look nothing like an original early 60's tortoise guard. But you'd have to pay thousands of dollars to obtain a real vintage guard if you could even find one. So I purchased a tortoise guard made by ace Japanese repro parts makers Montreux. It looks quite a bit like an original tortoise guard (including having the requisite yellow "chunks") and cost me under $100! Anyway, I like the way it looks. What do y'all think? :peace2

10xt56f.jpg

RAB

214uidy.jpg

Neck features beautiful tiger stripe grained maple! Nice, no?:hank