• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rick Nielsen Aged Les Paul Question

Attila

Formerly Are9
I am looking at picking up a NOS Nielsen Aged LP, but am hesitant because of the case. The case with this is aged, and the top two latches (nearest the head-stock) do not seem to work right. Basically, you have to push down very hard on the top of the case (nearest the head-stock) in order for those two latches to be able to swing over the top of the metal pieces.

Just curious, is this normal for these Lifton cases? I figure that if this really sounds like a defective case, I would want a discount on the guitar.

-Attila

Arnold M.

I am looking at picking up a NOS Nielsen Aged LP, but am hesitant because of the case. The case with this is aged, and the top two latches (nearest the head-stock) do not seem to work right. Basically, you have to push down very hard on the top of the case (nearest the head-stock) in order for those two latches to be able to swing over the top of the metal pieces.

Just curious, is this normal for these Lifton cases? I figure that if this really sounds like a defective case, I would want a discount on the guitar.

-Attila
never ever had a problem with my Lifton case,

sws1

My aged cases don't quite "fit" as well as unaged cases. Wonder if part of the aging process causes them to shrink a smidge. Either way, they close and lock and that's all that matters.

stevelazo

I wouldn't let a defective case get in the way of a guitar purchase. If anything, ask for a discount.

El Gringo

I wouldn't let a defective case get in the way of a guitar purchase. If anything, ask for a discount.
or ask for a different case even if you have to throw a few bucks or whatever amount to get a working case that's safe for a gorgeous instrument .I remember when the album Heaven Tonight came out(which has the guitar in question on the back cover and inner sleeve ) and as kids we were like Cheap Trick rocks but the drummer and the Guitarist look funny ,but what a spectacular album and what a blast seeing them live and all the guitar picks with the Cheap Trick Logos on them that Rick Nielsen would throw out at us which we just scooped them all up .I loved seeing Cheap Trick opening for Aerosmith as recent as 2012 which I was lucky enough to see them on 3 tour stops and then the ultimate was seeing them inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame either in 2015 or 2016 live in person at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn which was awesome as they let the original drummer Bun E Carlos play with them again .Great memories !

roysessions

Im not a cheap trick fan but own a Nielsen- its my favorite guitar and I love the aging. I would happily purchase another and worry about fixing the case buckles after the fact if the price was right