• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Greeny amp settings

Jon Brook

Hi Guys

i have a LP copy with BK PG Blues ..and its going into an original 67 BF super reverb.. what amp settings are needed please for a Greeny tone?

Jon

Jon Brook

Hi

It is made by Vintage- a PG Lemon Drop but i have replaced the pickups with Bare Knuckle PG blues, POI caps, vintage 50's wiring, switch craft switch and socket , CTS pots and bone nut.

captainvideo

I feel like the pickup setup will do you more than any amp settings.
I know he had a Marshall with the Bluesbreakers and when he did start using Fenders with Fleetwood Mac they were more in the piggy back styled like silver face Showmans.
Those are pretty clean sounding.

With the Les Paul on my Blackface Super Reverb I do the Bloomfield thing. Dime the amp and turn the guitar down.

chasenblues

Also used Orange,

greenbuehne1968-2.jpg

And a Vox.

hV5F37ym.jpg

grimlyflick

Everytime I see a photo of Peter Green he has a different amp behind him, unfortunately Peter is a true example, like Jeff Beck, of a tone being in the hands.

Your guitar set up will get you in the ballpark, but with any decent wound up clean guitar amp, your technique will benefit you more. I’ve seen a bunch of guys get Peter Green tone like tone from a bunch of different amps over the years.
:salude