• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sg jr 1968 original ??

Ugo

Hi everybody i’m French so i apologies for my english..
Can anyone tell me if the electronic and the P90 of m’y 1968 Sg junior are original ? Thank you so much for answer me 😊
<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;">
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails</legend> </fieldset>

moonweasel

Hello!

I am sorry; I do not know SG electronics as well as I know 1968 and 1969 electronics for a Les Paul. I hope someone else will post who is more knowledgeable than I am.

Your English is ok! Thank you for posting. :)

Progrocker111

The cavity shielding definitely isnt original, pots seems to be... I am not sure about pickup...

chasenblues

The cavity shielding definitely isnt original,

Just asking, Why not?

It seems like it was used in(Some?) other SG's.

Caption said this was a 68,

sg68_69pots.jpg

The caption for this one says it is a 69, Looks to have the same hole pattern as the OP.

wJIEfq1l.jpg

Op's.

blkP9f4l.jpg

Progrocker111

Yes, it was my mistake, i always thought these were used only in later Norlin years. Its most probably original... :salude

J.D.

+1 shield is correct. Orange ceramic disc cap looks correct. Pickup baseplate looks correct. Should have '67-'68 date code pots.