• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sanitarium (Welcome Home)

jimmi

I like Metallica's songs/riffs but not Kirk's leads. Bends to no where, jerky vibrato, real early guitar student stuff that you think would have been fixed by now....and I like all kinds of playing (for example, i really like the lead work from Alice in Chain's, Dream theater, Extreme and Mega Death).

That said, i agree that it is great that the guitars are being played in a public format and enjoy hearing them on everything but the solos.

JJ Blair

I respect the heck out of their career and longevity. Not my favorite music and I don't dig the tone. But Kirk has earned every penny he's made, and can spend his money however he wants, so I'm stocked for him. He has some very cool guitars. He's supposed to be a nice guy, so that makes me even more stoked for him.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
And please consider this:
Sound reproduction on videos are often less than perfect [or even good].
I bet it sounds even better at the gig. :ganz

zacknorton

Metallica. Tone. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Worst sounding tour I’ve personally experienced ...and justice for all
impressive, but Bloated and crushingly stupidly loud.

Different strokes.

iknowpeanuts

I think it’s really cool that Greeny has been played by a blues, rock, and now metal legend. Well-travelled and hopefully it will have many, many more stories to tell. A truly great instrument can be used in anything!