• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1981 Marshall 4010 - 1x12 2204 combo

Anje

SOLD

Selling my early 4010 Marshall JCM800 combo from 1981.
In good original condition besides a few minor components on the circuit changed over the years from what I could tell, and 2 holes added at some point in the chassis top by the paper tag for no apparent reason today (so they are already there if you want to add an effect loop :) ).
Great sounding original Marshall labelled G12-65 Celestion speaker, dated early 1980.

That's a great & rare amp, one of the best combo Marshall has ever done to me, putting the mighty classic 2204 amp in a compact portable 1x12 format. Without real competition in that price range IMHO.
Interesting details to be noted for that particular early amp: it still has the metal input jacks, and found it to have a "softer/rounder" tone compared to the later 2204/4010 I've played, with a more progressive volume on the Master pot. I've used it quite a lot with the band and it made for a much easier amp to play & push without being too loud in smaller room/bar/club gig situations.

SOLD
(located in France)

DSC_0001_zps3vesdryn.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsvpkm1hdu.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsk2otxcv3.jpg

DSC_0004%201_zpsri1ghh79.jpg

DSC_0013_zpszga2xtf2.jpg

I've played it in various configurations, including as the main amp in a compact wet/dry/wet rig, sounded great! :

DSC_0032_zps789ifygx.jpg

Last edited: