• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jeff Beck bio ships in 1 week

Xpensive Wino

61p8Rdm-GML._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeff-Beck-...pID=418vjKYKDgL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Foggy72

There's a little bit here on his early life on this video clip where he discusses his guitar collection.

Xpensive Wino

He recently participated in a feature-length documentary about his life, Still on the Run: The Jeff Beck Story, which tells his whole history, from strumming a homemade guitar as a teenager with his chum Jimmy Page to joining the Yardbirds and becoming a solo phenomenon who plays with a unique voice.

Helping him reflect in the film are Page, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, David Gilmour, Ron Wood, and a host of other artists he's performed with over the years.

It chronicles his erratic temperament – such as quitting the Yardbirds and breaking up the Jeff Beck Group when they were both on the verge of success – and his notable collaborations (like working with Stevie Wonder).

He says with a smirk, "But they left out all the gory bits. I'll save those for myself. What I wanted to do was try to get a major film company in a proper film, maybe call it All the Good Bits, because I don't think anybody that's had a long career has actually done the comedic side of showbiz, rock & roll, whatever. It's a shame not to have the Keith Moon hovercraft in this – it's just gold dust, going to the pub on a hovercraft.

I must admit there was a tear, especially with Eric. I never expected him to bother to be in it. I studied his face over and over, just to make sure there wasn't something else going on. But no, it was just overwhelming. I never met him until I'd been in the Yardbirds and that act had been committed. We'd already upset him immensely by getting to America before he'd had a chance to go, and we were selling records – the two goals that most rock & roll guitarists would look for – and he was playing in a club with John Mayall for eight people [laughs]. I thought, "Well, at least you're committed in your craft". And then, lo and behold, he comes out with Cream and swipes us all around the head.

I just thought he's got the blues covered. And he's also got some very good pop songs. And I don't have either, really. I'm not committed to putting myself up for a blues guitarist, even though I love playing the blues.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...-eric-clapton-stevie-wonder-yardbirds-w520353

rockabilly69

Just watched Still On The Run and it was pretty good. I especially liked the part showing Rod Stewart singing Plynth in the early Jeff Beck Group!

MeHereNow

Just saw him tonight at Holland Blues Festival, amazing and unique player!!
The guy's in full control of his strat and the whammy bar.
Rhonda smith on bass in his backing band + a female cellist onstage.
Tal Wilkenfeld is no longer in his band?

Midnight Blues

No she isn't and hasn't been for a while. She had a project she was doing with Vinnie Colaiuta (don't know if they're still item?) and really hasn't been back since.