• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Th Gibson “P.A.F.” Humbucking Pickup: From Myth to Reality (New Book 4/01/18)

El Gringo

I got my copy in the Monday's US Mail and I have leafed thru it a few times and the book has some really nice photos including guitars . I will spend some time reading it over the next few days and the weekend -darn work and everything else that takes up time .

Jeff West

Just looking at a copy that arrived this afternoon, an early Father's Day present. Really interesting and also makes me wanna go play - nice work!

Don

I just received 2 copies for Father's Day! One the my daughter bought me and one that my wife bought me when an ad came up prompted by me looking at it on my computer with my daughter. The second one has already been returned. It looks like a good book.

MagicBus

I got my copy a few days ago. An interesting read with great photos, well done.

mrbeasty

I just received my copy a few hours ago. What an amazing book. Definitely for the nerdiest of fan who wants to talk science rather than perceptions, but what read. ❤️❤️❤️
Amazing research and details, great pictures, well written, amazing interviews, great quality print ... A+

I was happy to see the T-Top topic being addressed although very briefly. I could have read a chapter or two on ‘70s evolutions and Tom Holmes & Tim Shaw recreations.

duaneflowers

I just received my copy a few hours ago. What an amazing book. Definitely for the nerdiest of fan who wants to talk science rather than perceptions, but what read. ❤️❤️❤️
Amazing research and details, great pictures, well written, amazing interviews, great quality print ... A+

I was happy to see the T-Top topic being addressed although very briefly. I could have read a chapter or two on ‘70s evolutions and Tom Holmes & Tim Shaw recreations.

There was quite a bit that didn't make it into the book because it wasn't PAF enough... some great anecdotal stories and some digging into Mario's vast knowledge of pickups and music in general... and there may very well be another offering from him on the horizon.

marshall1987

I bought a copy too. Nice book.

But I'm still a little confused regarding the reported color of PAF plain-enamel (PE) 42 AWG wire. Some say the color is a darkish purple/brown; and, other's say the PE wire is "rusty" copper colored. This book has clear photos of a '59 PAF w/ "rusty colored" PE wire....p. 89 :hmm

Which is it? Purple..... or copper colored?

Thanks.

somebodyelseuk

I bought and read this book about a year ago.
Really enjoyed it. Reading it again.
On the subject of wire colour... They dye poly coatings, these days, to make it look like PE, so don't take it for granted that purple means PE.