• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2000 Les Paul Standard? Finish?

jm55

I've done some googling, but haven't been able to find an answer as to what kind of finish was used on Les Paul Standard's of 2000, vintage sunburst. I'd be grateful for any insight. I'm also curious as to what is the right name of this finish/ color. I've been calling it vintage sunburst, but others I have seen with this name seem to have a darker outline. What is the correct name of this finish?

jm55

So it looks like I have a cherry sunburst. I'm still curious as to what the finish is. I've seen nitrocellulose lacquer mentioned, but only in context of R series Standards. Nothing definitive so far with regard to non R series.

Redhod

Or Honeyburst. Nitro finish. I have a '99 Standard looks identical, except for the Bigsby.

Big Al

So it looks like I have a cherry sunburst. I'm still curious as to what the finish is. I've seen nitrocellulose lacquer mentioned, but only in context of R series Standards. Nothing definitive so far with regard to non R series.

CHERRY???? I don't understand. Vintage Sunburst is the classic dark brown burst like ES175 sometimes called Tobacco, and Cherry is red. Neither color is in that pic.

thejaf

I have a 2000 Elegant with similar sunburst, it was called Sienna Burst. Not sure if that was just custom shop talk for Iced Tea burst, or a shade specific to that era.