• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Going Rate for Vintage Gibson LP circa '70s-'80s (and maybe '90s)

Adam L

I wanna,buy a vintage Gibson LP from the 70s-80s, and maybe '90s. The last one I,had was a '76 and it ruled. The going rate back then was $1500, which was probably 12 years ago. I'm just,curious,what a fair price would be flr this same,model today. It seems like they quality starts to decline somewhere,in late 80s-early 90s.

How much,more are the pre-70s LPs?

Thanks.

Big Al

This isn't the Les Paul Price Index Commodities and Stock Exchange.

Look on Dealer sites, [Gbase], Reverb and ebay.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I wanna,buy a vintage Gibson LP from the 70s-80s, and maybe '90s. The last one I,had was a '76 and it ruled. The going rate back then was $1500, which was probably 12 years ago. I'm just,curious,what a fair price would be flr this same,model today. It seems like they quality starts to decline somewhere,in late 80s-early 90s.

How much,more are the pre-70s LPs?

Thanks.

You are asking about many [dozens] different varieties of Les Paul models. There can't possibly be an average price comparing all this wide range of models.
Maybe be more specific? :ganz