• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Joe B 355 is coming

Stephens

Very cool! Will be interesting to see the specs on these. Certainly dig the gear he’s been bringing forth teaming up with Epiphone and Fender.

Pip

I like the look of these, not much info at the moment. I don’t like the signature on the fretboard.

zombiwoof

The story I saw said you will be able to get it with Sig on fretboard or blocks (I think Joe called it the "non-ego" version or something).
Al

I like the look of these, not much info at the moment. I don’t like the signature on the fretboard.

Roman4405

I could definitely see myself going for the one with the block inlays. As much as I love me some Joe B, having his name inlayed in my fretboard might be a little too much.

Something about a Bigsby on a 335 just gets me in all the right ways.

Uncle Gary

I could definitely see myself going for the one with the block inlays. As much as I love me some Joe B, having his name inlayed in my fretboard might be a little too much.

Something about a Bigsby on a 335 just gets me in all the right ways.

Yeah this. I'm not even sure I'd play a guitar with MY name on the fretboard. I think playing a guitar with somebody else's name on the fretboard is kinda lame.

besides, nobody who's ever heard me play is likely to mistake me for Joe B.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
I'd play a guitar that some long forgotten rock god had his name engraved on the fretboard (or indeed, my 62 330 has the guy's name on the truss rod cover, which is pretty cool). But someone still alive just seems gauche.

That said, a decently built semi-hollow with bigsby for less than $1k (making assumptions)? Yes please!

stilwel

I like the oversized headstock and long guard.
I wish it had a proper Bigsby B7.

Curious what pickups are in it.

What’s up with the Vibramate String Spoiler? Why not have a string thru bar?

The neck profile will be the key to whether this is cool or not.

I think they look great...particularly the one with blocks.

Mars Hall

I guess he plans on putting his name on one of every style of guitar. Makes since, he really isn't associated with any one specific model other than his penchant for buying up Bursts. When I seen him, I remember a different guitar for almost every song.

I agree the fret board signature is over the top.

deytookerjaabs

I'd play a guitar that some long forgotten rock god had his name engraved on the fretboard (or indeed, my 62 330 has the guy's name on the truss rod cover, which is pretty cool). But someone still alive just seems gauche.

That said, a decently built semi-hollow with bigsby for less than $1k (making assumptions)? Yes please!

Earlier Korean Sheratons ('95 and back) are high spec. Long Tenon, fret nibs, mahogany center block, nice rosewood, proper laminate neck, heavy duty hardware and they can still be found for cheap. Not quite a 335/55 though but great guitars in their own right.

I guess he plans on putting his name on one of every style of guitar.