• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

TELECASTERS - SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE NECK

Andrew

I have this Squier Classic Vibe Custom Tele in Tuxedo Black that was my first Telecaster. The more I play Gibsons the more it feels like a child's guitar. The neck is crazy thin. I've been contemplating swapping it out for a Squier Classic Vibe Thinline or just a MIM Fender with hopes of the neck being better. Any tele owners who have been down the same route? What Tele's have you found to have decent necks?

Xpensive Wino

No need to change guitars.

Measure your neck with a caliper at the 1st and 12th frets (or ask a luthier to do it for you) and look for a neck that's thicker.

It's easy to find a neck online that's the right profile (look for one described as "chunky", "fat", or "boat") and bolt it on.

You can usually find one with a nut and tuners already installed.

Try these guys: https://stratosphereparts.com/search.php?search_query=telecaster+neck

toxpert

Multiple neck options are available. After-market new products like Warmoth.
You can also find Fender production necks from parted guitars...I like the Baja Telecaster necks. The Baja necks have a comfortable girth without being too fat.

The pine body Classic Vibe teles have a great resonance.

Andrew

This guitar is gone

I actually ended up walking in to a guitar store and trying a few guitars. This LTD Viper sounded great acoustically so I traded the Squire I was in question about.

I've been working on it myself and swapped out the active pickups for a passive one. Now I just need a neck pup

I was just missing my old gibson SG I think :rip

AlbanyCO

I know this thread is old, but i have a CV 50’s BSB that the neck warped on me. I had it replaced with a MIM tele neck....much chunkier feel and the nut width is a little wider. I really like how it feels.