• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Epiphone Moderne Released

jhmp

They're calling for korina body and neck - So, will it be veneer or not?

HI-TONE

Since the "Amos" and all other Epi korina guitars are veneered, I am sure that these are. The one pictured for sale has visible veneer on the top.

Amp360

I don't think any of the Epiphone stuff is actually korina. I could be wrong on that. My Moderne reissue is mahogany with a granadillo board. It's light as a feather and sounds killer. Very comfortable to play as well.

jhmp

Epiphone makes great guitars, especially for the price point!
-it would be nice if the spec sheets were correct.

cincyguitar

This should be a good guitar...although I have had a problem with neck buzzing and tuning on Epis...

indeedido

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'SONIC Sans'}</style>I asked the fine folks over at Epiphone and they said “body is constructed of multiple solid pieces of Korina with a Korina veneer”. I went ahead and preordered one today. I wish it had the Gumby headstock but this one is cool too.

They also have a Gibson Moderne too. Same headstock shape but maple neck, richlite fretboard and swamp ash body. Pass.

Keefoman

I don't think any of the Epiphone stuff is actually korina. I could be wrong on that. My Moderne reissue is mahogany with a granadillo board. It's light as a feather and sounds killer. Very comfortable to play as well.

Yes it is. At least the newer ones. They use African Limba, which is a type of Korina.