• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RADIAL ENGINEERING -- hip hip horay- for the man who wants it all

Pellman73

Man I"m finding that Radial has everything you need!

I've been trying to work out this problem. Home studio pedal board with dirty effects going into front of amp, modulation effects going into effects loop. But I want to have access to my Friedman small box AND my matchless-- but then I want them to Y into my rockcrusher recording loadbox/attenuator so I can play through the matchless cab and/or through my DAW-- but have both head somehow have access to one pedal board modulation effects... can you do that?

as bob the builder would say-- YES YOU CAN!

dirty stuff goes into the Twin City ABY switch-- both go into the front of the amp
the amps then go out into the TONEBONE Y into one cab thingie
here's the cool part! Radial Twinline allows you to take the effects loops from BOTH CABS and put them into that contraption-- which can be switched with the remote slingshot pedal thingie

why do all this?

why not!

I"m sure someone will now post a much more elegant solution to this crazy problem... which is fine! but this is how I"M doing it for now....

corpse

Never thought about running a hot signal into a ABY (I have the Radial one also)- none on my amps have effects loops on them though, and I have always wanted to put my DD20 into an effects loop.

Pellman73

Never thought about running a hot signal into a ABY (I have the Radial one also)- none on my amps have effects loops on them though, and I have always wanted to put my DD20 into an effects loop.

well if you read about a guy who blows himself up w his guitar amps in Pinehurst NC it was nice knowing ya!

I"m a big fan of effects loops...

Pellman73

Off topic question , have you played at Pinehurst #2 ?

funny enough I've actually not played #2. I've played every other course here in town though... I've lived here 9 years.

theres a ton of other courses here in town that are great--

my job, as well as young kids has meant I only play a couple times a month anyhow. and I live at a club so I just go join the weekend game.

#2 is kind of an event... most people who live here don't play it.... its more of a touristy thing to be honest. Its hard to get on and costs about 600$ once you do the caddies and the greensfees.

that's not to say that its not a great course and I SHOULD have played it by now.

I have thought, recently, of joining the club (you have to up like 15G to attach a membership to your house ... then pay dues) ---as a member I could walk on off hours like sunday and stuff and there is also a really cool Par 3 course there now called the Cradle

El Gringo

funny enough I've actually not played #2. I've played every other course here in town though... I've lived here 9 years.

theres a ton of other courses here in town that are great--

my job, as well as young kids has meant I only play a couple times a month anyhow. and I live at a club so I just go join the weekend game.

#2 is kind of an event... most people who live here don't play it.... its more of a touristy thing to be honest. Its hard to get on and costs about 600$ once you do the caddies and the greensfees.

that's not to say that its not a great course and I SHOULD have played it by now.

I have thought, recently, of joining the club (you have to up like 15G to attach a membership to your house ... then pay dues) ---as a member I could walk on off hours like sunday and stuff and there is also a really cool Par 3 course there now called the Cradle
Dude I seriously envy you . It's all good . If it was me I would join in a heartbeat and learn that course like that back of my hand . A Donald Ross designed masterpiece that has been touched up by amongst others Robert Trent Jones and others and has most recently hosted the US Open . One of the best designs in the game of Golf .

Pellman73

Dude I seriously envy you . It's all good . If it was me I would join in a heartbeat and learn that course like that back of my hand . A Donald Ross designed masterpiece that has been touched up by amongst others Robert Trent Jones and others and has most recently hosted the US Open . One of the best designs in the game of Golf .

Have you played Pine needles, mid pines, either of the CCNC courses (where I live), forest creek (two courses) or Dormie Club?

by the way I tried to start a "les paul forum golf outing guitar/golf" thing a ways back but didn't gain much ground. looks like you might be in for that?!

anyhow back to the thread!!

ok my crazy insane rig of doom is complete!!! cue evil laugh

ok. so I can switch between the friedman and the matchless. Both Y into the rivera rock crusher which goes to the matchless cab (can have attenuated or full signal) as well as to my computer DAW

I have all the dirt stuff going into the front of the tonebone-- which Ys into the front of the amps, then Y's back in from teh back of the amps-- then to the rivera

the modulation stuff loop (strymon stuff, analog scanner, matchless reverb, wah pedal) are going into the voodoo lab switcher which is a loop to the Twinline-- there are two effects loops then that go out of the twinline into each head. Toggle the twinline with the SW2 switch on upper right hand corner of board and you in turn toggle the sling shot to the tonebone which toggles between the amp heads AND effects loops.

tone arsenal!!

matchless channel switch upper right hand of board. Analog scanner switch for reverb and tremelo on bottom left of pedal board.

I

I

Pellman73

Its just hard to get on it even if you are a "member". When they can get like 600$ a pop x4 and pack the course with that every day they really don't want to use up the tee times with members.

Pine needles, CCNC, Mid pines, Dormie, forest creek are really really good too. Most people who live here play those courses. but hell man-- you could do it if you wanted to !

ok back to the thread. I just completed the rig of doom. Its pretty awesome!

dirt on front of board goes into front of Tonebone-- Y to the Friedman and matchless-- Y back to the tonebone-- tonebone to the rivera-- which goes to the matchless cab for attenuated signal if you want as well as signal to the DAW

the modulation stuff (strymon stuff, wah, matchless rv-1 and analog outfitters scanner) goes into the effects loop w the voodoo switcher into the twinline. toggle between A and B and it toggles the two effects loops to the friedman and the matchless-- and slingshots the signal to the tonebone and switches the amps too.

FUN

/I

Pellman73

I use the Twin City when I'm doing the 2 amp rig. Love that thing.

what do you do about effects? Do you just have everything going into the twin city and then the front of the amps or do you use two different effects loops?

it is nice to Y the amps w the twin city and have two sounds

i have have one too (great) but for my crazy home rig it wasn’t gonna work to have two effects loops w two amps but using one group of effects...

The Shifter

I just have it at the very end of my pedalboard. I use it solely to run two amps together at the same time. No switching or stereo effects.
But the ground lift and phase options are what make it so useful for me.

corpse

BTW- it only takes two guys to do a golf outing- just sayin'. Gotta start somewhere.

Pellman73

BTW- it only takes two guys to do a golf outing- just sayin'. Gotta start somewhere.

if you are in plus el gringo then we almost have a foursome

the DREAM dream-- is that I have plans to build a studio next to my house. Then people could come for golf-- and guitar hang/studio jam session.

Craig Fuller (who wrote Amy) lives around the corner from me. maybe I should talk to him and see if he can help us get some kind of ground swell.

if you are interested perhaps we should talk!

perhaps I just need to set it up and see what happens. Pick a weekend

Do we need to have a minimum handicap? (let the jokes fly)

corpse

I play to an 18 or so- but I am frequently better DURING the week. I don't know how your schedule is.

Pellman73

I play to an 18 or so- but I am frequently better DURING the week. I don't know how your schedule is.

It sucks but I can def plan for time off with enough time to plan.

My index is 5.6 right now but I need to get it higher

I don't care about handicaps but I do care about speed.... no round of golf should take longer than about 4 hours..... I hate slow play and I especially don't like playing with bad golfers who are slow.

how are we doing so far?

corpse

I play quick. I walked 18 at my club here in ATl in 2 hrs 45 min. The gave is more enjoyable at a brisk pace.
90% of my excess strokes are within 20 yards of the pin.

Pellman73

I play quick. I walked 18 at my club here in ATl in 2 hrs 45 min. The gave is more enjoyable at a brisk pace.
90% of my excess strokes are within 20 yards of the pin.

congratulations. you are officially invited to the Golf N Guitars Pinehurst Golf Hang (PAF (pun intended)) (date as yet not identified.)

And then there were two!

renderit

Buy duct tape©™℞. Lots. Balancing on one foot to hit the switcher whilst reaching ones leg over all the pedals they switch will result in an ass over elbows stance with guitar neck contortions. Dude. Move it to the bottom! It's a Flung Shoey thing...

Pellman73

Buy duct tape©™℞. Lots. Balancing on one foot to hit the switcher whilst reaching ones leg over all the pedals they switch will result in an ass over elbows stance with guitar neck contortions. Dude. Move it to the bottom! It's a Flung Shoey thing...

Hey some have to be up top!

im in a chair mostly anyhow . This is a home rig...

but out I might do that ... might need to get an Angeles trs cable to bring up the bottom...