• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Optimizing the Callaham ABR-1

P.Walker

The perfect amount of fret buzz is zero fret buzz.

well not really.

A dead straight neck with perfect frets and medium action will be buzz-free to an effortless player- give that same guitar to a ham-fist and he'll make it sound like one.

But to be blunt, that's really the only agreeable thing I find in that 15 minutes. I'll never understand the lengths to which folks go into detail over such minute stuff with very minor basis in physics while forgoing other very important aspects of the guitar, all in the perceived interest of better tone...but hey, if believing in a false deity makes you a better person, at least that part is very real and I really can't argue with that.

rick c

I found this a little painful to watch. Too much mojo and not enough physics. Way too much mojo on this forum but each to his/her own.