• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Custom 1955

Highway Star

Hi Guys,

I consider to buy this 1955 Custom. Would be very thankful if you guys could give your opinions :hank

2Q==

2Q==

Last edited:

DEVILBAT

Hi `

I owned that same 1955 Les Paul Custom for over 20 years. I really liked it. All of the tuners were replaced by Schallers when I purchased it. It was difficult (and expensive!) to find a replacement set of those pearloid tipped wafflebacks back in the day. I purchased the guitar around 1989.

Anyway...good luck with that guitar.

If you have a question regarding the instrument, please don't hesitate to send me n email and I will try my best to answer it for you.

My email is rrybinski@aol.com

If you decide not to buy the guitar, please let me know if I can buy it back for myself. I kinda miss it even tho it is beat up pretty good!

Anyway, thanks and good luck! It looks like the guitar is in Europe (Stockholm?)....I really enjoy Stockholm. Hope I am correct! haha...Nah..I checked out your website....do you know Jair Rohm Wells? He's and American guy who is one of my best friends. We were inn a and together in the early 1980's and we still jam if he is in the States. Cool guy and great player.
Or you could contact me through this the through the private messenger service on this forum...

Thanks!

Richard Rybinski

Rrybinski@aol.com

Highway Star

Hi `

I owned that same 1955 Les Paul Custom for over 20 years. I really liked it. All of the tuners were replaced by Schallers when I purchased it. It was difficult (and expensive!) to find a replacement set of those pearloid tipped wafflebacks back in the day. I purchased the guitar around 1989.

Anyway...good luck with that guitar.

If you have a question regarding the instrument, please don't hesitate to send me n email and I will try my best to answer it for you.

My email is rrybinski@aol.com

If you decide not to buy the guitar, please let me know if I can buy it back for myself. I kinda miss it even tho it is beat up pretty good!

Anyway, thanks and good luck! It looks like the guitar is in Europe (Stockholm?)....I really enjoy Stockholm. Hope I am correct! haha...Nah..I checked out your website....do you know Jair Rohm Wells? He's and American guy who is one of my best friends. We were inn a and together in the early 1980's and we still jam if he is in the States. Cool guy and great player.
Or you could contact me through this the through the private messenger service on this forum...

Thanks!

Richard Rybinski

Rrybinski@aol.com

Thanks a lot for your post. I sent you a mail.

zhivago

Very cool guitar!

Aside from the truss rods cover, everything else in the pictures looks pretty good. :jim

Highway Star

Very cool guitar!

Aside from the truss rods cover, everything else in the pictures looks pretty good. :jim

Thanks for your post. I saw your thread about custom LP:s. Very nice :hank. Do you have a couple yourself?

zhivago

Thanks for your post. I saw your thread about custom LP:s. Very nice :hank. Do you have a couple yourself?

Hi there, no problem :)

I only have one. A ‘56...it had a headstock break before I got it, but is all there otherwise.

These are such great guitars. I refretted mine with 6150s and it literally plays itself. If I could only keep one electric for the rest of my life it would be that ‘56

:dude:

Highway Star

Hi there, no problem :)

I only have one. A ‘56...it had a headstock break before I got it, but is all there otherwise.

These are such great guitars. I refretted mine with 6150s and it literally plays itself. If I could only keep one electric for the rest of my life it would be that ‘56

:dude:

Very nice, mended properly those are the best ones if you want a player in my opinion. A lot cheaper and still great sounding work horses :hank

Cool, hopefully I will find a nice example as well :jim

zhivago

Best of luck! I hope you find your perfect LP soon! :salude

Highway Star

Does anyone know if it is hard to find an original truss rod cover? Or perhaps have one for sale?