Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Esseries NvGD! 1957 Es 225 Natural

Ladies and Gentleman,
    My new 225 at home!
    Do you like it?

Re: NvGD! 1957 Es 225 Natural

Are you kiddin' me... That thing looks NEW!!! Beautiful!!! Congrats!!!
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    Are you kiddin' me... That thing looks NEW!!! Beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Yes..
    Please note that the guitar hasn't the hole (and the pin neither) for the strap in heel ! Yes, look like really new.

Honestly I don't feel yet so good playing it because of the central pickup that I feel always near my fingers or close to the pick. Maybe I will get used to it..

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Barenik View Post
    Honestly I don't feel yet so good playing it because of the central pickup that I feel always near my fingers or close to the pick. Maybe I will get used to it..
    I can understand that... I'm somewhat surprised that the pickup is not at the neck, for a single pickup hollow body. How does it sound?
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

That's a beauty!

Les Paul Forum Member MapleFlame's Avatar

Beautiful guitar. I have the sister 2xP90 57 Blonde. I've played 330's single and like them, so I bet this is a killer sounding guitar.
    Top carves are sexy

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner Tom Wittrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barenik View Post
    Please note that the guitar hasn't the hole (and the pin neither) for the strap in heel !
    That is normal ... they all came that way from the factory.
    Pauls to the walls!

Hüter der Flammen!

PLEASE SUPPORT www.burstserial.com !!
    Click here: www.burstserial.com

I have a 57 sunburst 225. That looks like a burst model with a natural blond refin. I am quite fond of the ES 225T and have played mine since buying it in '77. The hinge for the bail bridge split apart so it will get a Bigsby as finding a replacement is near impossible.

The pickup location seems odd but I'm ok with it now. I've had a serious lust for a 59 D model. Enjoy!
    The older I get, the better I was.

Super clean and pretty! That pickup position looks similar to the ES125 I used to have, kind of a weird place to put it. Not bluesy like a neck and not raw like a bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
    Super clean and pretty! That pickup position looks similar to the ES125 I used to have, kind of a weird place to put it. Not bluesy like a neck and not raw like a bridge...
    I'm sure a lot of people who play blues licks on these things would feel similar to the way you do, but I personally have a different way to look at it, and my way would be "not muddy like a neck or brash like the bridge". These are great guitars for finger-picking songs solo style because that middle position has the weight of neck pickup but a little more clarity. As long as it intonates properly, depending on the way you play, it could be a great guitar.

This thread needs a WOW!!! Button

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people who play blues licks on these things would feel similar to the way you do, but I personally have a different way to look at it, and my way would be "not muddy like a neck or brash like the bridge". These are great guitars for finger-picking songs solo style because that middle position has the weight of neck pickup but a little more clarity. As long as it intonates properly, depending on the way you play, it could be a great guitar.
    I would totally agree with this. I have two 225s - a blonde single pickup with this one (although mine has a B6 and matching bridge) and a double pickup - and I love the sound of the single pickup position, it's big sounding but with more bite and I don't find the pickup position gets in the way either.

The single pickup 225/330 is very underated in my book, and 225s in particular are a bargain for what you get from them!

For a second I thought you stole my guitar I no longer own this one (I could not get used to the middle pickup position), but they are sure are fine guitars.....Congrats!