• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HM makeover

vincenz

Beautiful. I’m seeming more and more horizontal checking out of HM including my own. :hmm

That's what I'm seeing too... and that's why I was asking myself :hmm

According to my 4 makeovers made between 2010 and 2018, it is evident some of their process has changed. Nitro thickness (maybe technique and/or formula) and ambered color, binding hand scraping technique, among other things I can observe.........

Last edited:

EdmundGTP

guitplayer

Here is another angle. Capturing any flame is a chore.
Guitar also suffers from "cracked" knobs . Ordered a set before any formal
at home pics.

TM1

Love the Colour on these tops!
Checking depends on the wood. Each piece of wood freezes different, so it's checking pattern will vary. I've had six guitars done by Kim since 2007. I've been very happy with each one!! To me it seems as though Gibson was trying to do a "catch-up" on their builds that resulted in the TH series.
There's a lot of Historics out there and if gibson really goes down, I'm sure one could find a great Historic and send it to Kim and be just as happy with it.

trashedman

Abosultely amazing
color & weather checking!

HMs does it the way is should be done!

:yah

rockabilly69

That to me is what a Les Paul should look like. It really looks like an instrument that's aged gracefully and inviting to play.

guitplayer

Yeah, I definitely agree. Its fallen into that "Splendid " category. :)

corpse

Open the case and that one is an eyeful. Screams vintage. Nice selection of finish GP.

El Gringo