• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Ox box

Pellman73

yup. I think they look awesome!

I ordered one a month ago... they are hard to find.... about two or three month wait

I've got a rivera Rockcrusher recording that is like the less evolved version.... works great but I think this will be a step up

as Ren said I do think they copied some of the stuff from the Two Notes deal but .... given that its UA you gotta think its good.

Pellman73

Ok I got mine and its absolutely incredible.

straight out of the box its just amazing

sounds amazing as an attenuator but shut that down and the line out into my computer sounds just as amazing

each setting is basically a soup to nuts thing with effects, the cab simulation, the mic position, compression ... whatever-- the end result sounds like the best sounding studio recorded guitar sounds ever to come out of your rig.

lots of built in effects for each room setting-- all the presets just sound incredible.

this thing is like CHEATING it sounds so good.

I believe this is a revolutionary device.

Progrocker111

Wow, great tones and playing. :dude: Perhaps this is really the right one attenuator, which i need for my Hiwatt DR103.

Pellman73

Wow, great tones and playing. :dude: Perhaps this is really the right one attenuator, which i need for my Hiwatt DR103.

wino is that you ??

Progrocker keep in mind, if we are going to talk semantics here, that that recording is likely from the OUT of the box into that Apollo thingie so its really more the OX box doing its direct to the DAW thing

the Attenuator part of the OX box does not give you all the luscious OX box magic with the cab/mic/room/effects simulation that you get from the line out

it is just the sound of your amp attenuated. Now-- it is a GREAT attenutator-- better than my rivera rockcrusher but what it does with the line out (which can be a digital line or a regular quarter inch instrument out) is really whats magical

you dig?

jam81

I have one and I love it!

The only issue I have is with the attenuator when using my amp's clean channel, if I turn the volume up on my amp it distorts the signal on levels 1 & 2 of the attenuator, it does not happen on 3 4 & 5. I am not sure if this is the attenuator or the amp's fault, I am getting my other amp back from the shop this weekend so I will test it.

Pellman73

So I made this little video so you all could really hear just 6 of the rigs (these are the 6 stock rigs that it starts out with but you can put whatever you want in as the "6" for the front knob.

All the effects you hear are the box

Matchless HC-30 with jsut OE cali 76 compression and a Centura set with gain way down and output up-- no effects

you can hear big room tones and small room tones-- these are all based off the cab simulation, room simulation, and the built in effects

I'm sure I could do better with the metering but this is direct from the box into my computer and just recording in the photobooth

I wish I could play better but at least you could hear the tones and I tried to do roughly the same riff 6 times both for rhythm and "cough" lead

J T

Hey guys, anyone still using the UA OX?

Like to hear what youse guys think a year later.

This is a high priced thang. But is it worth it?

:)

Skydogfan81

Waiting on the next version. To me, the best use is late night with the only output going into your DAW. Not a big fan of attenuators otherwise.

J T

Cool Thanks. Seems like it's geared more toward recording with all the UA plugs available.

This is expensive. Could just get a nice amp