• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Design A Pedalboard With A 19 Inch 1U Rack Space......................

JeffBlue

Considering designing a pedalboard with a 19 inch 1U space rack either underneath or in a top shelf. Any ideas?

J T

One unit rack space? That is not much room.

How many pedals?

Maybe you should consider Fractal's Axe FX. That unit kills.

JeffBlue

One unit rack space? That is not much room.

How many pedals?

Maybe you should consider Fractal's Axe FX. That unit kills.

It will be a simple set-up with a TC Electronics Nova System and switch pedal with maybe 1 or 2 overdrive pedals. Not a huge footprint.

jrgtr42

I think SKB used to make one just like that, maybe it was a couple units - IIRC there was room for a couple unites in there.

J T

It will be a simple set-up with a TC Electronics Nova System and switch pedal with maybe 1 or 2 overdrive pedals. Not a huge footprint.

The Nova System is 3.5" tall and is too tall for a 1u rack space which is 1.75"

JeffBlue

The Nova System is 3.5" tall and is too tall for a 1u rack space which is 1.75"

I was thinking the Peavey Rockmaster preamp would be underneath the pedalboard and the Nova System sitting on top of a platform (The top of the pedalboard being the platform). A slight lip in front of the platform to keep me from accidentally kicking or changing the controls of the Rockmaster and enough room on the aft end for power strip/surge protector.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
Most pedals won't fit in 1U space. (as mentioned).