• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rockabilly with a Bigsby-fied ES 333

JimFog

30630029_10214635464295734_7629558751900467200_n.jpg

ZZ Not

Looks great, very nice ES-333! The Bigsby sounds good as well. Really enjoy your playing.

Have a blonde 333 with Seth Lovers' that I like a lot.

Pellman73

Getting my rockabilly chops warmed up for a gig tonight with my newly Bigsby-fied 333.

Oh yea!

that was awesome.

I”ve recently been trying to learn some of that stuff— (Mystery train) but I”ve decided I want to try to use a hybrid picking technique so I can transition back and forth while keeping the pick in my fingers. Also watching Greg Koch vids he will do that and I love how he can go back and forth.

great pickin ! I love this stuff

what’s Your slap back delay? Sounds perfect

JimFog

Oh yea!

that was awesome.

I”ve recently been trying to learn some of that stuff— (Mystery train) but I”ve decided I want to try to use a hybrid picking technique so I can transition back and forth while keeping the pick in my fingers. Also watching Greg Koch vids he will do that and I love how he can go back and forth.

great pickin ! I love this stuff

what’s Your slap back delay? Sounds perfect

Thanks!

I generally do hybrid pick, but I didn't have one right there, and I was too lazy to get up and go across the room to grab one! LOL

Here's a thread with a bunch of my Youtube instructionals. A good chunk are hybrid picking.

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...stly-Blues-Jump-Rockabilly-and-Western-Swing)

It's a Strymon El Capistan delay. They're the bomb diggetty!

I appreciate the kind words and everyone listening!

Pellman73

Thanks!

I generally do hybrid pick, but I didn't have one right there, and I was too lazy to get up and go across the room to grab one! LOL

Here's a thread with a bunch of my Youtube instructionals. A good chunk are hybrid picking.

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...stly-Blues-Jump-Rockabilly-and-Western-Swing)

It's a Strymon El Capistan delay. They're the bomb diggetty!

I appreciate the kind words and everyone listening!

awesome-- will dig in

that is so funny that its the El Cap-- I literally was just looking at them for this very thing

I have the timeline but I think the El Cap offers other things-- and is a little more user friendly

gonna go down to the store in town tomorrow and get one.

maybe you can take a photo of your settings for this thread?

ah just saw you are in philly!

I was born there, went to med school there, met my wife there. I love me some philly

fly eagles fly!

Guitar Whiskey

No, I installed it with a Vibramate. Super easy, works great......and it's reversible, no screws hole need to be drilled!

http://vibramate.com/vibramate-v7-335-install.php

OK, thanks. But what is the strip for then; I'm a geetar technical geek!? Or how did you connect the ground wire? Not trying to be disrespectful. I love ES333's and this sounds like a great one as ususal. Thanks...

Pellman73

OK, thanks. But what is the strip for then; I'm a geetar technical geek!? Or how did you connect the ground wire? Not trying to be disrespectful. I love ES333's and this sounds like a great one as ususal. Thanks...

GW-

look at the schematic on the diagram from the link of the plate--

its part of the plate that screws in that holds the bigsby on there-- its just one side.

JimFog

Thanks guys. I did a gig last weekend with it, thinking I’d use it for one set........and ended up playing it for all 3. Sounded and played GREAT, and stayed in tune really well, even with copious Bigsby use.