• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Sitting on amps?

J T

Now we gotta get scientifified! We would have to calculate capacities and horsepower or watts (and possibly dietary requirements) as well as paper content/needs (cones for speakers as well as 'before and after' for humans). We need to determine 10" vs. 12" vs. 15" and covered and uncovered 'grill cloth' for the biological. The mind races! I'll begin working on this right away!

Don't forget you need to factor in the pants thickness or if you are actually wearing pants at all.

agogetr

My problem is that my tweed Deluxe is usually on the chair!

i bought an amp from this old guy one time that had played bass all over. the grand ole opry etc etc, forget his name but he showed me pics of him and his band.
he told me his secret for gigging was setting his amp on a chair!
as for sitting on your amp...i bought a blackface twin that came from jefferson airplane (still has their logo on the back!) the guy got it in the early seventies when the airplane came through portland oregon, anyway he said he had a gig that was ice cold and always sat on the twin and it kept him warm, he was dying of colon cancer, he passed about 6 monthe after i got it from him. i always wondered if sitting on the twin had caused his cancer? people always talk about electronic waves and such

J T

Don't know if his cancer was caused by sitting on an amp, but I do know that on a Fender Super Reverb, you have to position the mike near the Fender logo side in front because if the mike is on the other side, there will be lots of transformer hum. So there is a strong electromagnetic field in that one.