• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD Gil Yaron Not Bone

Pellman73

Wow. That’s “my kind of top”.

Looks fantastic.

very tricky to photograph

in some views its very plain toppish. in others its got this whole tiger flame thing.

which is fun! hard to pin down! many facets. like a woman!

its a great top! I love it!

Mars Hall

Great looking guitar! From what I know about owning one is how awesome these guitars play and sound. Have you read the "1959 Les Paul Build" thread at tdpri? Mr Gil Yaron goes into great detail on how he built these guitars. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Pellman73

Great looking guitar! From what I know about owning one is how awesome these guitars play and sound. Have you read the "1959 Les Paul Build" thread at tdpri? Mr Gil Yaron goes into great detail on how he built these guitars. Congrats and welcome to the club!

Thanks!

I have it, have perused but not yet read the whole thing yet. I need to!

marshall1987

Very nice! :salude

Did you special order your Gil Yaron? How long did it take to build and ship out? Thanks.

Pellman73

Very nice! :salude

Did you special order your Gil Yaron? How long did it take to build and ship out? Thanks.

hey man! Thanks!

no-- I saw it on Reverb. listed as "Gil Yaron-- Not bone" funny.

I had a 2003 Duane Hotlanta that I traded for it. The Duane was a great guitar but it was more of a wall flower and I always kind of felt like, whats the end game here !? Maybe a morbid thought but I thought-- some day I"ll die and my family will have to figure out what to do with it. It was bucket list guitar for me-- and I had it-- and found I didn't play it all that much. I don't really have a need for "collector" guitars. I want tone beasts and things that are going to inspire me.

thoughts of maybe re-purchasing Duane back-- forget about that-- the next day it was in Japan!

I had read so much about these Gil Yaron "les paul style guitars (his headstock IS different-- not just the wording but the shape) not sure why gibson would have a problem-- to close otherwise? such a slippery slope. How is a gil any different from another guitar that has all the rest of the stuff that is like a les paul.... anyhow

an another kind of cool note the bridge pup was out-- I've contacted Gil and he is an incredibly nice guy. I"d sent the pup back and he's going to fix it-- and I also bought some of his PAF replicas which I'm going to put in my R9 that I just got.

The guitar is so spectacular on every point. Looks incredible. fit and finish. The neck, the action-- awesome-- but the sound --- its just really the best guitar I've ever played.

the whole "tele on steroids thing" but all the classic les paul riffs, even in my hands, sound RIGHT

really lucky to snap on up. If you have a chance to get one I'd do it at all costs.

Pellman73

He will not build a Les Paul replica , Gibson put a stop on Yaron building Replica Les Pauls .

is that right?

again how can they tell him to stop when PRS does a les paul type guitar-- or ESP or whoever

where is the line?

just seems like such a slippery slope

top of headstock is different (its smooth-- not the rolled scroll thing) -- yea it says "les paul model" I guess.... I'll take it down if the mods think its a problem but-- I feel like he changed enough to keep it off the "fake replica" tip ... but these things can be argued!

AA00475Bassman

I believe Yaron was given a cease and desist from Gibson , Yaron chose to stop not litigate .

renderit

R U sher that is not one of those China ease copies? Looks like a Gily Aron to me...

Pellman73

Very funny!!

I can't take credit for that joke of course-- its the renderit.

but here is the more recent one

as you may know from an email I sent you , good sir, I traded that cherry somewhat sideways to get this one you crafted as well-- I'm a dirty lemon kind of guy

so I"ll update the thread with my current (and til death do us part) Gily Aron

hope you are well Gil!

All the best-- Peter E

preeb

Enjoy in good health.
I remember that one... I remember them all

Mars Hall

Gilly Gilly! :salude I've become a "one guitar" guy because of my Yaron9. It's frequencies seem to resonate with my being...

preeb

Gilly Gilly! :salude I've become a "one guitar" guy because of my Yaron9. It's frequencies seem to resonate with my being...

That is a very deep and colorful way to say what others usually describe as “I can’t put it down”.
I feel the same when I build them so I guess we share a unique connection through this piece of wood, metal and some plastic (-;