• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Strat-Tele mash-up

renderit

Grosh did it a number of years back only with the Tele side pickups and I liked it, I'll bet the Fender is neat too.

36123734890_642b07ef00_b.jpg

36123735530_bbea319dd5_b.jpg

36123735760_439554ca20_b.jpg

36123735900_8d440519fc_b.jpg

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
I've been digging my Strat-Tele mashup for 20 years now:

It's a bone stock 1998 Fender Nashville Telecaster with a factory Stringbender and three pickups, including a middle Strat pickup, a five position switch, and a Strat-style six saddle bridge. Awesome guitar.

i-jdDLgm6-M.jpg

(Not the artiest of photos, as it's currently in the shop this week getting its 50,000 mile tune-up. This is a color-corrected version of a shot I took to document everything before the big move from California in 2016.)

ADP

I played one today at Naperville Music in IL. The guitar is absolutely rockin! $2k is a little bit steep of an asking price, but all things considered if this was someone's guitar they probably wouldn't need another one!

I didn't buy it though, I still prefer my old 2003 Texas Special Fat strat.

P.Walker

the only thing tele about it is the lack of a strat horn. Everything else is strat. Not a single tele-only part on there?

Don

the only thing tele about it is the lack of a strat horn. Everything else is strat. Not a single tele-only part on there?

I was thinking the same thing. It's not really much of a "mash-up". It's just a Tele shaped Strat. Maybe if it had a Tele bridge pickup on a metal plate.

Elmore

Man, that just seems wrong. But the sound is what matters. I would have preferred the Tele style bridge.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Back from the shop, here's a photo of the Nashville Stringbender Tele I took last night:

i-DckxKfZ-L.jpg

You can hear it all over the video I made this week:

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Here's an attractive looking DIY Strat-Tele hybrid:

I think the wood chosen, the darker finish and the black pickguard looks better than the Fender version at the top of this thread.

Darr

SPHrxxGKs4bCKazM8
Jeez... I figured this thread was about guitars like my 1991 American Standard Telecaster Plus.

Sperzel locking machine heads
Wilkinson roller nut
Blue Lace sensor neck pickup
Red Lace sensor bridge set wired humbucker but split-able with mini-toggle between tone & volume (lower, humbucker, upper)
3-position Selector (bridge only, both, neck only)
Floating Tremolo, with Hipshot Tremsetter holding it centered

Would've preferred ebony fretboard, but I didn't order it new, and have never seen an 'ultra' version of the Tele Plus.
Not sure that a 4th pickup in the middle would add more strat-ishness than the tremolo bridge does, really.
Pretty-much dead stock... all I added were the Schaller strap locks.

SPHrxxGKs4bCKazM8
zdMLVoY3HfKiUgZQ-exIzYUmUjsxS68U-F6wMiYQcnH2Lg-ZayDgalwvKZSoqVcx9frs7ZyuNPIflfJFmowH5d5xUZWfEKWOky-A4Mq3UcxSChEMLDhKGqMCq88tUAwnosJZFfh-aA=w2400

Oh, and, hey all! (my first post.)

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Everyone's wearing masks to ward off Coronavirus. Why not a full panda head? :hmm