• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD! SVL ‘61 Reserve Strat!

P.Walker

All, as an update, Simon responded timely to my question about the pickguard configuration. He noted that his guitars are meant to be tributes to the Classic Year S guitars they represent. Hence such things as pickguard screw hole specifics may differ from pure vintage year details. A very reasonable and much appreciated response! Best, RAB :jim

most excellent and reasonable :)

I want a hardtail now...you know what they say about strats and trems? "Hey you hardly use the trem, I've never seen you with an arm, why did you get a trem version?"

"Well silly because there was no hardtail option on mine." :##

AA00475Bassman

The Strats I've owned with hard tails IMO really played & sounded above a blocked trem , something I would consider a reason to pass on any Strat is the trem !

Nice hard tail !

garywright

2crsvbk.jpg

Some nice wood, eh boys?

extremely nice

RAB

extremely nice

Thanks folks for the kind remarks...yes, I’ve favored and played hardtail Strats over the years. Played a real ‘59 Fender sunburst hardtail Strat for many years. This SVL strat is a better guitar in all respects! :hank

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Nice! I ordered a couple of flamed maple/brazilian rosewood necks from USACG a long time ago. Still have one
neck.jpg

normal_headstock_detail_1.jpg