• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ronin Badmoon NGD

Pellman73

not that new I guess as I've had it a couple weeks but I think this might be my favorite guitar ever.

its made of amazing things, looks amazing, but sounds and plays even better. sounds like nothing really. Its super resonant and just has the most incredible ringing chime-- but its warm. Middle position might be best, neck is great, and the bridge you can really rock out when you need to

1000 year old reclaimed redwood-- the top (look at the grain patterns) and body are redwood, neck is mahogany, RW fb, gold foil pups made by the wizards at ronin.... its just magic. The neck joint is really special I think.... amazing lutherie

Nick-O

Oh man....that looks amazing. Never seen one like that...I too would love a listen! The craftsmanship...no idea where you scored that, but well done on ya!

Pellman73

Oh man....that looks amazing. Never seen one like that...I too would love a listen! The craftsmanship...no idea where you scored that, but well done on ya!

reverb-- and put up by a certain fella known in these parts

I think its one of the first ones as the serial is Badmoon 003

I think this might be the coolest COA ever

http://

Pellman73

Cool! Post up some sounds from that bugger!

will do man

I'll try to do something a little planned out ... and I'll try to wait until I've got something that I won't be embarressed about the next day!

Pellman73

Cool! Post up some sounds from that bugger!

ok you are to blame for this. still working on how to make these vids, not choke while playing, and get the metering right, and play something. I KNOW PETE THORN, AND YOU SIR ARE NOT PETE THORN... yea yea I know

I think I had it recording a little hot into the DAW... lessons for the next time I'll torture you guys with a video

Corpse if you are out there I tried to do a little blackfoot loop thing with solo over it. tried is the operative word

this is thru a matchless-- then through the rivera rockcrusher into the DAW-- I use a centura and cali 76 compact for some boost..

my cats ran for cover when I started soloing the blackfoot

couple more shots this am...

Last edited:

renderit

Sounds luscious! I really like it! Great playing by the way.

Pellman73

This guitar is just really freakin special

I feel very lucky to have gotten one. I'd been looking for a long time on reverb at some new ones-- never actually saw this top or finish-- and then this one popped up used.

It just begs to be played

If you watch the bon jovi rig rundown you can see that John Shanks is a tone/gear nut and he raves about them... thats where I learned about them

its very inspiring... there is a plunkyness and a chimeyness -- but then its just such a beatiful combo of the wood and the design. and that moon cut out I think is so cool

the guitar on paper seems insanely contrived but it just works....

sidekick

OP ... Congrats ... It's great when you find a very special guitar and doubtless, this Ronin Badmoon "hit's that spot" with you.

The specs, (for the tone) and the actual guitar/quality look very individual ... Play and enjoy!

Personally, think the guys at Ronin have added a very nice twist to the great choices now out there among the small luthier builds.