• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Pellman73

Or........the EC Twin-o-lux. You can play it in an apartment. Kinda.

35686202334_9c2268f93b_b.jpg

whats that? I thought you got one of the ES 335's without the binding? the 58 reissue...

is that a Rusty--? is it new? or a 59 ?

but then there are grovers.... :hmm

and what pups you got in there?

what is that!?

MalibuKasey

So I'm the proud new owner of JB0029. Man this thing is about as AWESOME as it gets. Loud as hell... but it certainly has that "sound" that you completely expect.

Last edited:

renderit

whats that? I thought you got one of the ES 335's without the binding? the 58 reissue...

is that a Rusty--? is it new? or a 59 ?

but then there are grovers.... :hmm

and what pups you got in there?

what is that!?

A limited run they did a while back. They called it 'The 59 Lemonburst'. It had Dimarzio Anniversaries and Grovers from the get go. I don't know why they didn't do it with the back red though...

Axis39

I would really like to play through a 5F8A circuit. I have owned and worked on a fair number of various Tweeds, but that is one that has not come around me. Axis39, have you ever had the pleasure of playing/comparing a 5F6A and a 5F8A through the same speakers/cab? That would interest me greatly, too.

I haven't Wally.

I do have my '59 Bassman Reissue and was actually rather surprised at how good the Bassman stands up to the Twin. The biggest difference I found between the two amps was about bass and treble response. But, I never ran them through each other's speaker compliment. And, right now, my Bassman is awaiting a re-wiring (I'm doing the hand wire conversion).

The bottom line is that the Twin is bigger sounding. It has authority. The Bassman fills a room, the sound spreads out and just sounds fantastic. It's sparkly, overdrives beautifully. It has that edge of break up thing early on and you can ride it for quite a ways up the volume knob before you reach that glorious saturation. The Twin reacts similarly, but it has more...

The Twin fills a room with sound in a different way. it's slightly more directional. I know this is the 4x10 vs. 2x12. Makes me wonder what a 4x10 Twin would sound like? Hmmm.....

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
[Speaking to myself] "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp"...

Pellman73

[Speaking to myself] "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp", "I do not need this amp"...

sold out

Mr. Big

I hesitated, I lost out...didn’t realize the initial run was only 150 units. :##

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
There's obviously a market out there. Do they make a few more, or let it rest????

Mr. Big

Ultimately my own fault, but I called Monday to speak with customer service...never heard back :( I had questions about delivery to my son’s school address (different than my credit card’s billing address) and to ask why I was being charged tax.
Disappointing...I guess no hurry to purchase now, since I missed the initial production run.

renderit

Well I'm too late. Never played one but I AM interested now. The Bassman is a beautiful beast even on 3-4. Everything youse guys are saying says this is even better. Well, there is ANOTHER one I will never have. I guess it's good for me to have a few unobtainum goals...

MikeSlub

Administrator
Awesome, Mike! Look forward to hearing your tone report.
Michael, all I can say is that it is a glorious sounding amp. Way more power than I need, but the tone and girth with a quad of 6L6s cooking are amazing! :dude: :hank

It is hernia producing weight-wise and awkward to carry with that leather strap handle. I won’t be moving it around very often. :2cool

IMG_0195.jpg

Last edited:

T.Allen

For those of you with spousal issues, may I make a suggestion? Tell your fine lady that it doubles as a blow dryer. You're going to have to SELL IT!

fender_twin.jpg

Cream Fan

For those of you with spousal issues, may I make a suggestion? Tell your fine lady that it doubles as a blow dryer. You're going to have to SELL IT!

fender_twin.jpg

You can also tell her it is an effective Hearing Reduction Device. Stand in front of it long enough and she won't complain about how loud you're playing anymore.