• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

MalibuKasey

First clone that comes to mind is a Victoria 80212. Retails for $2900. Mark Baier prides himself on the fact that a lot of his parts come from the same companies and factories as the 50's originals.

2nd would be the Mojotone Tweed Twin. You can buy the kit from them complete for $1150 if you want to build it yourself or $1375 to buy it already assembled.

I would love to see a comparison between the three of them especially with the price difference. But the one thing about the JB Twin is it will hold or gain value where as the other two won't. If that matters to you.

Federico.F

Thank you guys but I live in Italy and is very difficult to find something like that here.
I have a Bluesbreaker and it has a very different sound, do you think i can reach a similar tweed sound with mine?

drifting '59

Looks like the second batch has sold out on his website also.
Does anyone know if it was also a run of 150?
Still loving mine, I see he is now using a couple of Dumbles along with
the Twins now.

MudBoneBlue

I ordered first days of June right after the initial 150 sold out. Six months after my deposit , today, serial number 154 arrived!! Not sure of the total amount of these amps that were made??? Guessing 250..... Tung Sol 6L6's installed but pulled the preamp groove tubes and installed a Mullard 12ax7 from the early 70's in V1, A Ei Yugo 12ax7 in V2, and a Tung Sol in V3 position. Hooked up a 63 Fender reverb unit and Holy Crap!! Real nice amp here!!! Loud, Clean, Headroom! Very Happy so far with the purchase!

drifting '59

I ordered first days of June right after the initial 150 sold out. Six months after my deposit , today, serial number 154 arrived!! Not sure of the total amount of these amps that were made??? Guessing 250..... Tung Sol 6L6's installed but pulled the preamp groove tubes and installed a Mullard 12ax7 from the early 70's in V1, A Ei Yugo 12ax7 in V2, and a Tung Sol in V3 position. Hooked up a 63 Fender reverb unit and Holy Crap!! Real nice amp here!!! Loud, Clean, Headroom! Very Happy so far with the purchase!

I put a NOS RCA 12AY7 in V1, was looking to lower the headroom a bit. Sounded great before but this was a nice change, haven't played around with other tube swaps, got mine in April on the first run. Great amp for sure. The post below, one on Reverb has sold already.

agogetr

I'm only surprised you didn't order two. :hee

i got 2! i have originals though so i left joes unopened. i dont know if its just mine but consecutive serial numbers! i bet that was joes idea, awesome.
the meet and greet tickets have no expiration! i,m going to wait 25 years and open them up and go to his show! just hope he wont be backing up brittany spears in vegas by that time. or playing a wine tasting room
(joe i know this cracks you up)
ps an hp twin on 3 is as good as it gets for a beautiful tone IMAO
we have joe to thank for making more of these available

agogetr

First clone that comes to mind is a Victoria 80212. Retails for $2900. Mark Baier prides himself on the fact that a lot of his parts come from the same companies and factories as the 50's originals.

2nd would be the Mojotone Tweed Twin. You can buy the kit from them complete for $1150 if you want to build it yourself or $1375 to buy it already assembled.

I would love to see a comparison between the three of them especially with the price difference. But the one thing about the JB Twin is it will hold or gain value where as the other two won't. If that matters to you.

i remember in the nineties at guitar shows in the northwest that victoria guy at his table showing his amps. a big one and a small one, 2 amps. i watched him sit a whole show sitting with those 2 amps, chatted with a few people then walked out with them at the end of the show. i hadnt a care in the world about those amps because there was so much vintage stuff there! however my hat is off to that guy he builds a killer amp and he paid his dues for sure. really quite the success story. he seemed like a super nice guy too

Del

Second batch was 100 now there is another batch of 100.This will be the last batch

Del

i don't think that the last batch has sold out a friend(IN THE STATES) placed and order today and will bring it to me here in the uk when he receives it

drifting '59

i don't think that the last batch has sold out a friend(IN THE STATES) placed and order today and will bring it to me here in the uk when he receives it

Maybe you got the last one! Hope you did!

Website shows sold out.

agogetr

I just got my JB twin, it buzzes on the left side as well. :bigal
just run the amp into a 4/12 cabinet and use it. then when they go up to $12000 dump it ya! at least thats what i would do. or attack the insides of the amp with a tube of silicone (then get 11k later)
actually once you do get the amp dialed in you may not want to ever sell it! they are killer.
i heard joe is putting out a v front super next. those look so cool!!! i bet it will sound great too. the originals arent that loud but they have really cool tone.. i call them 'deluxe killers'

Willyb

The amp sounds amazing and you can’t hear the buzz over 6. But the buzz is annoying on lower volumes. I’m going to try and diagnose the problem.