• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Wally

Check for grille cloth buzz.....tight bee kind of thing. It occurs when; the cloth was not properly ‘sized’ during or after application. Grille cloth used to be shrunk after application to the baffleboard back I; the day, as I understand it. I do that when I install new grille cloth.

akstrat61

Very interesating! I had never heard that being done. Could you explain a bit more on the process, who and when it was used? Thanks!:dude:

Check for grille cloth buzz.....tight bee kind of thing. It occurs when; the cloth was not properly ‘sized’ during or after application. Grille cloth used to be shrunk after application to the baffleboard back I; the day, as I understand it. I do that when I install new grille cloth.

Phil Shepherd

Wow!! I think I have got my solution. However will you please not mind to elaborate lil more of this to all of us.

Willyb

I think that’s what is going on. I would have never thought of that,thank you! Now only if I knew how to fix grille cloth 🤔

Del

After spending time with both the victoria and the jb amp i decided to go with the victoria it sounds better.I am sure that many of you love the jb amp i also agree it is a good amp but to me the victoria was better.No issues and a very responsive tone stack i could not get a bad sound out of it no matter how hard i tried.

renderit

After spending time with both the victoria and the jb amp i decided to go with the victoria it sounds better.I am sure that many of you love the jb amp i also agree it is a good amp but to me the victoria was better.No issues and a very responsive tone stack i could not get a bad sound out of it no matter how hard i tried.

I really like my Victoria Bassman copy but after several people here talked to me about the Clark I gave them a shot and bought their Piedmont. It is now my favorite amp. They also make one of these monsters and I'll bet it is a notch above any other copy.

http://www.clarkamplification.com/lowcountry.html

Phil Shepherd

I really like my Victoria Bassman copy but after several people here talked to me about the Clark I gave them a shot and bought their Piedmont. It is now my favorite amp. They also make one of these monsters and I'll bet it is a notch above any other copy.

http://www.clarkamplification.com/lowcountry.html

Victoria 45410 is our loving recreation of the ’59 Bassman and no detail is left undone. Victoria capacitors were designed specifically to sound like a slightly degraded, 40 year-old cap.

Definitely a must buy amp!!!!

Axis39

I think that’s what is going on. I would have never thought of that,thank you! Now only if I knew how to fix grille cloth 🤔

Try some very careful application of heat via a hair dryer. But, be super careful not to overheat the speaker! If you can reve the speaker prior to using the hair dryer, that would be best. A little gentle heat will shrink up the grill cloth some.

agogetr

I hope you understand that I was being just a bit light-hearted about that. However, IF someone was to seriously consider it, then up the price so as to make the cost of the logistics irrelevant...the customer pays for it, and. How many of those boxes will fit stacked in the front of a semi trailer say 3 deep?? Add $1K.....come on, there is a valid pricepoint somewhere at which the fan and the Fender/Joe B. contract can function to the benefit of all....demand and supply.
Musing on a Saturday morning.....and I didn't say that one would need to set up a full-fledged gutiar equipment booth for the merch people to run. Hey...maybe you are in a large city....a number of buyers....say 6. all of the 'merch' amps are on stage...each amp carries at least one song as THE amp on stage. Lol....see here is where I lose my job with the organization. LOL...as I leave, their saying..."What was he thinnking???"
It is a daft idea.....but if I was that fan with that disposable income, I am in line for that amp with that dated/localized autograph with a picture of it all.....
i think its a great idea! it would create lifetime memories for the musicians who buy the amps. joe could simply have a roady drive a pickup truck with a long wells cargo trailer stuffed with a couple hundred amps just follow along from show to show. you could probably pack 9 amps for every 2 feet of trailer length, easy peasy! the only real added cost would be the fuel for the pickup truck.

agogetr

I pulled two power tubes on my 57 Twin RI but it was waaaaaayyyy to quiet.:##:laugh2:
not only that when you pull 2 power tubes it always kind of sucks. like a half power switch. its like gettining nuetered

agogetr

Now, a Bassman down Low sounds fantabulous! These are the same?
renderit. even thought people say a bassmann is half of the twin its just not so. the twin has more clarity and just a dfferent bird . im freakin biased but... ihave a ton ton of old fender amps. the twin is majic. i dont know why im not a teck. bonamassa knows this too

agogetr

agogetr

I would really like to play through a 5F8A circuit. I have owned and worked on a fair number of various Tweeds, but that is one that has not come around me. Axis39, have you ever had the pleasure of playing/comparing a 5F6A and a 5F8A through the same speakers/cab? That would interest me greatly, too.
wally i have a few high powers and a few bassmans . the basman is great.. breaks up sooner.. a little more of a brown tone when cranked.
the hp twin has a huge 1000 dollar clean tone with the volume nob on '3' and from there its just incomparible to anything. its a big huge millon dolla tone. the bassman pales compered to the twin. and i have been playing my bassman since 1976. i got my first twin only about 15 years ago. my 86 year pal snagged it for me from his old as dirt steel player pal. you have to understand the high power twin was made and sold to steel guitar players. it was a high end fender amp[ and it still delivers to this day!

MikeSlub

Administrator
I've had my JB Edition tweed Twin for well over a year, and have never had the volume above "3" until yesterday, when I decided to try the "Joe Bonamassa settings".

My teeth rattled and the plaster started coming off the walls! :hee

Any guitar roars through that amp! :hank