• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

TM1

Well, why not! Fender made Eric Clapton six low powered Tweed Twins about 10 years ago. Mercury Magnetics iron in all of those too.

Wally

Did I understand that correctly...that Joe B's organization merchandises equipment..like that wha pedal...at the concerts. He said that the went to the 'march stalls' and 'nicked the pedal'.????

Xpensive Wino

Did I understand that correctly...that Joe B's organization merchandises equipment..like that wha pedal...at the concerts. He said that the went to the 'march stalls' and 'nicked the pedal'.????

That's right. Welcome to today's music business.

Wally

Hey...get it while and HOW you can, right? It would be more useful than a T-shirt.......do you get a t-shirt with it???? LOL...
If you are listening Joe, what about delivering the special order amp while on tour.....sign the amp and get a picture with the fan/purchaser? Joe B., I know that you aren't as pretty as Ms. Raitt, but they love ya, man!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mJ58TVYNFro" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

marfen

When I saw JB play last fall Mike told me the JB ed. was the one miked up for the house sound of the 4 on stage. Other 3 were originals. Sounded great esp with Joe.

Wally

When I saw JB play last fall Mike told me the JB ed. was the one miked up for the house sound of the 4 on stage. Other 3 were originals. Sounded great esp with Joe.

I see a marketing opportunity there.....the amp could cost another $250-350 with the additional 'perk' that the amp would be played on stage after the buyer had met with Joe...as part of the offered perks....and the amp was autographed by Joe...To 'buyer's name here' from Joe B with the venue and date. You pick up your amp at the loadout after the show after you and everyone else at the show got to hear Joe wail through YOUR amp.
Now you've got something even more special.
I'll just have to build my own.

grimlyflick

:laugh2:
Can you imagine the logistics of taking a load of Tweed Twins out on tour to sell as part of a meet and greet package.
:##

Wally

:laugh2:
Can you imagine the logistics of taking a load of Tweed Twins out on tour to sell as part of a meet and greet package.
:##

I hope you understand that I was being just a bit light-hearted about that. However, IF someone was to seriously consider it, then up the price so as to make the cost of the logistics irrelevant...the customer pays for it, and. How many of those boxes will fit stacked in the front of a semi trailer say 3 deep?? Add $1K.....come on, there is a valid pricepoint somewhere at which the fan and the Fender/Joe B. contract can function to the benefit of all....demand and supply.
Musing on a Saturday morning.....and I didn't say that one would need to set up a full-fledged gutiar equipment booth for the merch people to run. Hey...maybe you are in a large city....a number of buyers....say 6. all of the 'merch' amps are on stage...each amp carries at least one song as THE amp on stage. Lol....see here is where I lose my job with the organization. LOL...as I leave, their saying..."What was he thinnking???"
It is a daft idea.....but if I was that fan with that disposable income, I am in line for that amp with that dated/localized autograph with a picture of it all.....

Xpensive Wino

grimlyflick

They are being offered as part of a meet and greet package. They're not being taken "out on tour"; they are being drop-shipped.

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections/equipment/products/59-twin-amp-jb-edition

It's a limited production item. They may all be sold by now, AFAIK.

The suggestion, if light hearted, was that they are taken out and used onstage as part of the meet and greet.

Chill out chaps, :laugh2: and :## is the indication all is light hearted and no-one is being taken seriously to task, I by no means have the experience or knowledge of some on this forum to be so heavy handed with anyone.
:salude

Xpensive Wino

The suggestion, if light hearted, was that they are taken out and used onstage as part of the meet and greet.

Chill out chaps, :laugh2: and :## is the indication all is light hearted and no-one is being taken seriously to task, I by no means have the experience or knowledge of some on this forum to be so heavy handed with anyone.
:salude

As was pointed out previously, the logistics of taking dozens of Twins on the road and rotating them through the backline each evening as a precursor to sales would be daunting to say the least, particularly in Europe.

Then there's the likely effect on pricing to consider.

DrRobert

Les Paul Forum Member
We're guitarists, we cause chaos! What a great life philosophy. Unfortunately, I mostly play in church, NOT the best place to cause aggravation! But for those once or twice a year outdoor jams, it'd be super fun to bring this amp and watch the sandman sweat trying to bring the rest of the band up to some kind of parity. You got an SVT stack, hah! I will bury you!!!! 10,000 watts of PA? Just try and keep up, my friend!

corpse

As Tom Wheeler said in his book American Guitars "nuclear deterrent capability". I love the thought of this amp, but just like a Marshall 1987, I have no use for it. I love my Vibrolux and want to find a 1990 reissue- which I also have no use for.

MikeSlub

Administrator
Okay, call me crazy. I ordered one. Told Joe that I really NEED 85 thunderous watts for the small venues that I play at. :##:spabout :hank

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, call me crazy. I ordered one. Told Joe that I really NEED 85 thunderous watts for the small venues that I play at. :##:spabout :hank

You definitely need one of these Mike... Congrats! :salude