NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Quote Originally Posted by jhmp View Post
    Now that they have sold out the introductory run and are actively advertising as a production model, what is the street price?
    everybody gets another chance at one...
    Really? Where? I couldn't find anything on the fender site...
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Les Paul Forum Member

If they have sold out, you have to wonder why there is a full page add in the current vintage guitar issue? Advertisement directs inquiry's to JB's website still.
    quite curious
    drum roll please

Les Paul Forum Member

I posted this on other forums as well.

I have had issues with mine. I thought I had tracked it down to a faulty speaker. Brought the amp into a Fender certified and they checked the speakers and they supposedly checked out fine.

Well I got my amp back from the tech and the speaker is STILL a problem.

Here are three videos of the speakers. The first is the amp BEFORE I brought it to the tech. You can hear the buzzing especially at the end of the video when I hold the lower notes.

The next two videos are of each speaker hooked up to another amp. All I did was unplug the speaker cable and hook it up to another amp. Still in the cab. You can hear the same buzzing from the left speaker as in the first video, but no buzz in from the right speaker. I have put another email out to Joe's customer service regarding the issue. I am hoping for just a replacement speaker, but who knows.

On top of it, there is now a sticker on the back panel stating that if I break the seal of this sticker (it would break if I were to take the back panel off) that the warranty is void.

I am just extremely frustrated at this point. The amp sounds fantastic but this speaker buzz thing is driving me nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5LBTwtw_2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpDo0ushMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNNAe5HL0TA

Les Paul Forum Member

gio, that sounds just like the raspy buzz that I heard out of two Celestion V30's in a custom cab a while back. The young player had not noticed it until I pointed it out to him. I shared with him my thoughts on modern Celestions...to which he replied....but everybody is using them. I said that I could not account for what others do but that my ear tells me that I don't have much use for the ones I have heard. He agreed that the other speakers that I let him hear...on his same amp.....were better sounding speakers. OMMV......but I don't use 'em.
    I hope you get it lined out.....
    "As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins." Albert Schweitzer

Those speakers in the JB amp are Chinese Celestions. If you want a Celestion with that kind of wattage that is still made in England, get two of the Mesa Boogie Black Shadow speakers, also known as the C-90. Probably the best modern high-wattage speaker made today. The ones in the JB are crap.

Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    gio, that sounds just like the raspy buzz that I heard out of two Celestion V30's in a custom cab a while back. The young player had not noticed it until I pointed it out to him. I shared with him my thoughts on modern Celestions...to which he replied....but everybody is using them. I said that I could not account for what others do but that my ear tells me that I don't have much use for the ones I have heard. He agreed that the other speakers that I let him hear...on his same amp.....were better sounding speakers. OMMV......but I don't use 'em.
    I hope you get it lined out.....
    Are you guys saying the buzz heard in the videos above is to be expected from modern celestions ?
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Fan View Post
    Those speakers in the JB amp are Chinese Celestions. If you want a Celestion with that kind of wattage that is still made in England, get two of the Mesa Boogie Black Shadow speakers, also known as the C-90. Probably the best modern high-wattage speaker made today. The ones in the JB are crap.
    They're marked made in England

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by thin sissy View Post
    Are you guys saying the buzz heard in the videos above is to be expected from modern celestions ?
    I am saying that I have heard that noise in other modern V30's.
    "As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins." Albert Schweitzer

I've had problems with phantom buzzes in tweed amps that came down to the fact that the back panels are thin and poorly supported and covered with stiff, light stuff. Consequently they can vibrate against the cab. I have a Deluxe that I stuff a folded over piece of paper between the top back panel and the chassis to stop it. Is it possible it's not the speaker but the cab? You could pull the speaker in question and drop it in another cab to see.

Les Paul Forum Member Xpensive Wino's Avatar

Speakers Re: Fender ‘59 Twin-Amp™ JB Edition released

Quote Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
    You could pull the speaker in question and drop it in another cab to see.
    No, he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    On top of it, there is now a sticker on the back panel stating that if I break the seal of this sticker (it would break if I were to take the back panel off) that the warranty is void.

Les Paul Forum Member

I suppose it is time to enforce a warranty....if only to find out if the speaker is the problem or if there is a cabinet rattle/buzz? ???? OR...you do what many folks do. Ypu either take it to your favorite tech.....and imho if a person is spending that kind of money on an amp, one should have a good tech.....and tell that ech to find out what is wrong. When the tech tells you that it will void the warranty, you say...'I don't care. You are going to be doing my work for me anyway.'

Les Paul Forum Member thin sissy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I am saying that I have heard that noise in other modern V30's.
    Wow, that's crazy! I've been out of the loop on V30's for years. I used to own 4 in a cab, and they never buzzed (I disliked them for other reasons) .
    This is a song from the new album, it's a deep meaningful song this one... No, it's not whiskey in the fucking jar... Philip Lynott

Quote Originally Posted by Xpensive Wino View Post
    No, he can't.
    I'm betting you could get one of the speakers out without having to remove the back panel

Les Paul Forum Member Federico.F's Avatar

Hi guys,
    I saw on JB’s site a reserve to buy the amp. Does anyone know if will be a second run?
    Thanks to all
    Federico

Quote Originally Posted by Federico.F View Post
    Hi guys,
    I saw on JB’s site a reserve to buy the amp. Does anyone know if will be a second run?
    Thanks to all
    Federico
    It appears that he is taking deposits on pre-orders... Perhaps they're only building the number of amps that are ordered?
    Stop by and get reacquainted with The all NEW Fender Forum

Les Paul Forum Member

There is going to be a second run. Exact same specs. They should be shipping out in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    There is going to be a second run. Exact same specs. They should be shipping out in the fall.
    Hmmm.

Why not in the stores?

I’m sure it sounds great but with all of the great clone builders out there you might be able to get something very similar for much less coin.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWorld View Post
    I’m sure it sounds great but with all of the great clone builders out there you might be able to get something very similar for much less coin.
    For example?

First clone that comes to mind is a Victoria 80212. Retails for $2900. Mark Baier prides himself on the fact that a lot of his parts come from the same companies and factories as the 50's originals.

2nd would be the Mojotone Tweed Twin. You can buy the kit from them complete for $1150 if you want to build it yourself or $1375 to buy it already assembled.

I would love to see a comparison between the three of them especially with the price difference. But the one thing about the JB Twin is it will hold or gain value where as the other two won't. If that matters to you.

Les Paul Forum Member

For example?

Here's one

https://reverb.com/item/10174279-far...e-in-the-world

Thank you guys but I live in Italy and is very difficult to find something like that here.
    I have a Bluesbreaker and it has a very different sound, do you think i can reach a similar tweed sound with mine?

I have a Bluesbreaker and it has a very different sound, do you think i can reach a similar tweed sound with mine?
    No.

No.
    I tried...thx!

Looks like the second batch has sold out on his website also.
    Does anyone know if it was also a run of 150?
    Still loving mine, I see he is now using a couple of Dumbles along with
    the Twins now.

I ordered first days of June right after the initial 150 sold out. Six months after my deposit , today, serial number 154 arrived!! Not sure of the total amount of these amps that were made??? Guessing 250..... Tung Sol 6L6's installed but pulled the preamp groove tubes and installed a Mullard 12ax7 from the early 70's in V1, A Ei Yugo 12ax7 in V2, and a Tung Sol in V3 position. Hooked up a 63 Fender reverb unit and Holy Crap!! Real nice amp here!!! Loud, Clean, Headroom! Very Happy so far with the purchase!

Looks like #113 is on Reverb right now.

https://reverb.com/item/16582689

Quote Originally Posted by MudBoneBlue View Post
    I ordered first days of June right after the initial 150 sold out. Six months after my deposit , today, serial number 154 arrived!! Not sure of the total amount of these amps that were made??? Guessing 250..... Tung Sol 6L6's installed but pulled the preamp groove tubes and installed a Mullard 12ax7 from the early 70's in V1, A Ei Yugo 12ax7 in V2, and a Tung Sol in V3 position. Hooked up a 63 Fender reverb unit and Holy Crap!! Real nice amp here!!! Loud, Clean, Headroom! Very Happy so far with the purchase!
    I put a NOS RCA 12AY7 in V1, was looking to lower the headroom a bit. Sounded great before but this was a nice change, haven't played around with other tube swaps, got mine in April on the first run. Great amp for sure. The post below, one on Reverb has sold already.

Les Paul Forum Member PaulLaRue's Avatar

I'm holding out to they issue the official JB boxer shorts.

Les Paul Forum Member

100 more available just had the email

I'm only surprised you didn't order two.
    i got 2! i have originals though so i left joes unopened. i dont know if its just mine but consecutive serial numbers! i bet that was joes idea, awesome.
    the meet and greet tickets have no expiration! i,m going to wait 25 years and open them up and go to his show! just hope he wont be backing up brittany spears in vegas by that time. or playing a wine tasting room
    (joe i know this cracks you up)
    ps an hp twin on 3 is as good as it gets for a beautiful tone IMAO
    we have joe to thank for making more of these available

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuKasey View Post
    First clone that comes to mind is a Victoria 80212. Retails for $2900. Mark Baier prides himself on the fact that a lot of his parts come from the same companies and factories as the 50's originals.

2nd would be the Mojotone Tweed Twin. You can buy the kit from them complete for $1150 if you want to build it yourself or $1375 to buy it already assembled.

I would love to see a comparison between the three of them especially with the price difference. But the one thing about the JB Twin is it will hold or gain value where as the other two won't. If that matters to you.
    i remember in the nineties at guitar shows in the northwest that victoria guy at his table showing his amps. a big one and a small one, 2 amps. i watched him sit a whole show sitting with those 2 amps, chatted with a few people then walked out with them at the end of the show. i hadnt a care in the world about those amps because there was so much vintage stuff there! however my hat is off to that guy he builds a killer amp and he paid his dues for sure. really quite the success story. he seemed like a super nice guy too

Les Paul Forum Member

Second batch was 100 now there is another batch of 100.This will be the last batch

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    Second batch was 100 now there is another batch of 100.This will be the last batch
    Last batch of 100 sold out.

Amazing amp, everyone should have one.

Les Paul Forum Member

i don't think that the last batch has sold out a friend(IN THE STATES) placed and order today and will bring it to me here in the uk when he receives it

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    i don't think that the last batch has sold out a friend(IN THE STATES) placed and order today and will bring it to me here in the uk when he receives it
    Maybe you got the last one! Hope you did!

Website shows sold out.