• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just bought a EG59-60 Cherry Burst

therealfrogman

I have not owned a Les Paul or copt for 35 years and have built a solid collection of Tele and Strat guitars and suddenly felt the urge to buy a Greco... Wont have it for a couple weeks but I have noticed that this 59-60 model is somewhat frowned upon, it is an 89. Seems to be tons of owners and info on the 59-50,65,70, etc. I am not feeling buyers remorse and I buy and sell guitars at will, never getting attached to any of them (cept for one parts Tele). I am new to this forum as well, do not feel the need to go through introductions.

Anyway, the seller says the pups are either Screamin or Double Trick, I have sent him a message to determine exactly which they are but my question is what exactly is it about this model that makes it so less talked about? The reason I chose it was the condition, the color, the seller feedback and price. I paid $717 shipped from Japan with OHSC which seemed reasonable for the market around me in Colorado, I have never come across a Japanese Les Paul in the 30 years I have lived here. I read lots of good things about the other Mint collection models, not much on this one.