• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage Jr/Special Buyer's Guide?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Word is that vintage Les Paul Special prices have been flat for a while and are a difficult sell in the vintage marketplace currently. They just sit there forever.

Bull-oney! I bought this one in the eighties for $400 with amp! They went THRU DA ROOF I tell ya!

35635466454_bce3afb1f9_b.jpg

It obviously sold cheap because that Special was converted to a Junior. Decent work perhaps, but it no longer is an original LP Special.
[maybe you should have someone check the rest of your collection? :hmm]

tooold

It obviously sold cheap because that Special was converted to a Junior. Decent work perhaps, but it no longer is an original LP Special.
[maybe you should have someone check the rest of your collection? :hmm]

I think Tom just made a joke. :salude

But maybe not... :hmm

marshall1987

Absolutely crazy. A good one is a seriously great guitar.:hmm

You completely missed what I said. Read again. I didn't say anything about the quality of a vintage LP Special. :dang

I only said the prices are flat and they are not selling well right now. There are dozens for sale right now and none seem to be moving.

renderit

I thought there was a slash there! JR/Special. Guess I CAYANT READ!

But if it were a converted special I probably could tell ya if'n a neck break makes it sound better!