• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1958 es335 Question...

GuitarMikey

Has anyone ever seen a '58 335 with a silkscreen logo, no crown inlay and neck binding?
Is it possible one could leave the factory that way?

Mike

Last edited:

jhmp

I think you should show us a photograph of your latest stumble upon.

F-Hole

Has anyone ever seen a '58 335 with a silkscreen logo, no crown inlay and neck binding?
Is it possible one could leave the factory that way?

Mike

Haven't seen one like that, but I'd say it's certainly possible. I've seen a factory black 59 345 with an early L5 inlay on the front, and a parallelogram on the back......so it's possible.

GuitarMikey

Haven't seen one like that, but I'd say it's certainly possible. I've seen a factory black 59 345 with an early L5 inlay on the front, and a parallelogram on the back......so it's possible.

Right, but why custom order a 335 with headstock cosmetics that would be on a student model guitar?
I hope to know more soon :)

nickjreese

I assume you’re who I’ve been talking with about this? If not, that’s a weird coincidence.

-Nick in Nebraska

Frutiger

Have you any pictures? I'd love to see that!

GuitarMikey

I assume you’re who I’ve been talking with about this? If not, that’s a weird coincidence.

-Nick in Nebraska

We may be thinking of the same guitar, but no it's not me you've been talking with.
Do you have any photos you could share?

GuitarMikey

I'm not positive, but I think it ended up being a headstock repair. Wasn't factory far as I know.