• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

52 Goldtop for sale in GAK

AA00475Bassman

Nothing worse than a refinish spotted at first glance , terrible job !!

Last edited:

ukguitarguy

IMG_1804.jpgIMG_1808.jpgIMG_1817.jpgIMG_1818.jpgIMG_1969.jpg

So I've managed to get some shots of this guitar up close and personal. Does this guitar look legit for a 52'? (obviously besides the awful refin)

In keeping with the rules the reason why i ask is i am thinking of making an offer on the guitar. But the pickups routes specifically look different to other 52's I've seen.

Last edited:

Jumping@Shadows

I had question marks over whether the neck was original on this one- headstock shape is atypical, as is the heel and transition carve from neck/headstock...could just be lots of oversanding, and attempts at ‘tidying up’, but definitely iffy.
Pickup routes have been deepened to accept P100 or similar ‘tall’ P90s, but look otherwise OK for a later ‘52.

britbender

View attachment 8636View attachment 8637View attachment 8638View attachment 8639View attachment 8640

So I've managed to get some shots of this guitar up close and personal. Does this guitar look legit for a 52'? (obviously besides the awful refin)

In keeping with the rules the reason why i ask is i am thinking of making an offer on the guitar. But the pickups routes specifically look different to other 52's I've seen.

I know they remove the neck on strats, to show the date in "for sale ads"....but this is just taking it too far.

:rofl