• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Kirk Hammett and Greenie

J.D.

If Kirk played and recorded the guitar extensively before and after the headstock break, and then claimed it sounded better...and, deliberately broke and repaired several original Burst necks to match (preferably his own) to double-down and walk the talk so to speak, I might buy it. Might.

Jon Brook

going back to the neck break situation... if Greeny can sound as good as it did a few years back when Joe B played .. who gives a shiny shite if it has been broken / repaired .. it sounded superb then as it does now in Kirk's hands...

thin sissy

going back to the neck break situation... if Greeny can sound as good as it did a few years back when Joe B played .. who gives a shiny shite if it has been broken / repaired .. it sounded superb then as it does now in Kirk's hands...
Just a reminder, the discussion in this thread wasn't whether a repaired neck can still sound good, it was if a repaired neck sounds BETTER than an unbroken one. I don't think anyone has claimed repaired headstocks automatically suck :hmm

Triburst

Does Historic Makeovers have an option for breaking the headstock then gluing it back on? Kim? Anyone?

Wasn't there an Historic Reissue that had a fake neck break on it (could have been their "Greeny")?

marfen

Or was it the Rossington?

In that unplugged video Greenie sounds like it has a lot of string tension

Ed A

Wasn't there an Historic Reissue that had a fake neck break on it (could have been their "Greeny")?

The Duane Allman and Im sure others were sprayed to match the color of a neck repair, but Im sure they didnt actually break the neck!

AA00475Bassman

I do believe the Johnny Winter signature Firebird has a simulated neck repair , I'm a Firebird fan and really love Winter's music read as much as I can get my hands on about the man . Never had any indication his TB Firebird had better tone with the neck repair , He did say removing the spring steel trem & replace with a stop was a big over all improvement . Not a repaired neck .

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
This guitar has suffered THREE neck breaks, two of which resulted in complete headstock decapitations. I'd say it sounds better, but I have to admit a lack of objectivity as it is my most favorite guitar purchased in the last 20 yrs
22365375_1380921678692440_7275449472198147407_n.jpg

Xpensive Wino

This guitar has suffered THREE neck breaks, two of which resulted in complete headstock decapitations. I'd say it sounds better, but I have to admit a lack of objectivity as it is my most favorite guitar purchased in the last 20 yrs

tumblr_p2pr58Us3g1vrahzdo1_250.gif
tumblr_p2pr58Us3g1vrahzdo2_250.gif

Cogswell

The Duke of Dumbassery
Well there you go. If you see Kirk, let him know I might be interested in a trade straight across. Depends on what greenie weighs, though

Maxmc

The Kossof Sig has a scarf joint at the 5th fret to mirror the original which Kossof broke by throwing it up into the air on stage at his last gig with Free.

Reno_1ted

I have seen them 5 times in 3 countries on this Hardwired tour - Greeny has sounded AMAZING every single time and is being used on more and more songs in the set. The guitar has been completely reborn under Kirks ownership, a little bit like the band at the moment who are bang on form. :salude