• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The cat took a piss on my amp.

Triburst

Something old-timers have done for years down here for "sprayed" furniture may work. Give the grill a good cleaning, and put it out in full sun for a day.

jhmp

Um, surgery? You had the vet ram a cork up his...
what the hell kind of revenge procedure did you subject one of gods creatures too? :ha

AlbanyCO

Um, surgery? You had the vet ram a cork up his...
what the hell kind of revenge procedure did you subject one of gods creatures too? :ha

He had a nut that never dropped. So when he was neutered a few years back the vet said he only had one nut. Well, turns out, the vet was wrong and the other one was in his abdomen. So all of a sudden within the last couple of months he started spraying, humping slippers and all sorts of odd behavior. Took him back to the vet and that’s when the vet said he has one stuck in his abdomen. So they dug that out....he’s recovering just fine. Just hope the behavior stops.

garywright

Don't be surprised if the behavior continues ...we have four cats ( two males, two females ) ..all fixed but one male still occasionally sprays ..I have all my gear stored where no felines can mark or scratch

Texas Blues

In '77 I bought my '74 Kalamazoo Small Script Standard. I'd chased a Les Paul for three years, saving every penny. When I finally convinced a dealer to sell it to me, I was still $50 short of the price he asked so, while he had mercy on me, he sold it to me on the condition that he supplied it in a Univox/Ibanez case. Six months later I left the case open while playing the guitar and my cat marked in the case. Uh-oh.

Back then there was no Internet, no simple green, and no-one had a clue what to do. I took a gentle dish soap and a cloth and alternately soaked the lining and padding in the area with the solution, blotted it up, soaked the area with water, blotted it up, and either let it dry and/or dried it with a hair dryer. I did this over and over and left the case open for days to air out. Eventually I could no longer smell the mark. I let it air out a few days more and then put it back in service.

A few years ago I bought a nearly immaculate, period-correct Gibson hard shell case for the guitar to celebrate its many years of service to me. The guitar still lives in its Univox case because it is far sturdier than the Gibson case. That was something I remembered from the period when both my college roommate and I (also band mates) had period Les Pauls.

bobnbobsm.jpg

I'm on the left. Both of us are named Bob... People called it the Bob and Bob show.

Bob

What a great story.

Real people.

Real musicians.

And got dang cats.

When I was a fishing guide in Alaska I had a cabin at the lodge.

I kept all my shit there.

Like an extra sleeping bag.

The lodge had a resident cat.

A professional mouse and bat killer.

He hung out in my cabin and there was a trap door that allowed him access to and from.

One night at 2 oh dark thirty Kofacks the 13 pound calico monster cat decided to jump on my chest and stick his ass in my face while soaking wet.

He regretted doing that.

Later I had to go to out camp and live in a tent on the river for a few weeks.

When I came back.

I discovered that Kofacks had taken a dump inside my sleeping bag.

I found it just before sliding in for the night.

That son of a bitch!!!

No wonder dogs hate them too!

ourmaninthenorth

What a great story.

Real people.

Real musicians.

And got dang cats.

When I was a fishing guide in Alaska I had a cabin at the lodge.

I kept all my shit there.

Like an extra sleeping bag.

The lodge had a resident cat.

A professional mouse and bat killer.

He hung out in my cabin and there was a trap door that allowed him access to and from.

One night at 2 oh dark thirty Kofacks the 13 pound calico monster cat decided to jump on my chest and stick his ass in my face while soaking wet.

He regretted doing that.

Later I had to go to out camp and live in a tent on the river for a few weeks.

When I came back.

I discovered that Kofacks had taken a dump inside my sleeping bag.

I found it just before sliding in for the night.

That son of a bitch!!!

No wonder dogs hate them too!

Even cats have seen the Godfather...what's that line about revenge....??

That's why I love 'em..they never let anything go.

jbzoso2002

Im allergic to cats so none here.

If I had a cat and he pissed on my amp there would be 1
less cat in the world.

Im not opposed to cat death.

Jimmy

EDIT: I would not kill any animal, that was a joke, but it would
be banished from my home.

Last edited:

agogetr

I don't think that the grills in that era are actually cloth. I think they're a plastic material. If so you can pull the baffle, spray some water on it, then spray some Simple Green onto it and scrub it with a scrubrush and rinse it off. Let it dry in the sun and put it back in. BTW, remove the speaker first after you get the grill off.[/QUOTE

yes simple green..and 3 shots of vodka.
drying the grillcloth in the sun works great, i used to hold them up in the back of my brothers pickup on a hot day while he drove 60mph. i wanted even drying.

brandtkronholm

RocknRollShakeUp

Cat blood.

LOL!

I am sorry for the OP's mishap...I wish I had something to offer. I googled removing cat urine odor but stated remedies require stuff that may or may not damage your grill cloth/amp...I hope none got on the speaker. Best of luck!

Thank you for giving me yet one more reason not to ever have an indoor cat.