• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

18?.....some homebrew fun.

fftc

Fantastic thread and beautiful amps.
Also, as a Scotsman, the cricket video resonated with me like an aged spruce top! :laugh2:

F-Hole

I didn't know this was being done, but somebody pointed it out to me.

This amp went to a friend who keeps dumping 'bursts at my place, plus other sundry cool guitars.

This single cab has a vintage T0652, but the full rig sounds better with a second 1x12 cab, the other being a 20w greenback (T1221). It gets very 3D with the second cab. To be fair, he hadn't got the second cab when this was filmed....but now does.

Shame he didn't crank it flat out.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDGy4tWUFKc" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

F-Hole

This was the next one out.....it went to a "house-hold name" band's recording studio in LA.

Like the others, it has vintage drivers; a T0652 alnico and a 20w ceramic greenback.

Last edited:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator

This amp went to a friend who keeps dumping 'bursts at my place, plus other sundry cool guitars.

This single cab has a vintage T0652, but the full rig sounds better with a second 1x12 cab, the other being a 20w greenback (T1221). It gets very 3D with the second cab. To be fair, he hadn't got the second cab when this was filmed....but now does.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDGy4tWUFKc" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That does indeed sound killer, and the 3D quality comes through loud and clear. And folks...it sounds even better with two cabs!:yah

latestarter

Even on my aging HP ProBook speakers the tonal qualities are evident....and they're the qualities that I love that come with the pairing of a Les Paul and a Marshall 1974. Woody, depth and separation, defined notes but with sustain....it's all there. Thanks for posting the clip.

goldtop0

Good to hear this fellas, I like the young chap doing the vids he knows what he's talking about and a good player for sure........a very good sound.
Two cabs for more goodness......yessiree:salude

Michael Minnis

Sounds excellent, John! I especially enjoyed the woody soulfulness on the neck pickup, yet retaining definition and clarity!

renderit

I keeps running home each day looking on my doorstep! No 18...:dang

Maybe tomorrow!

I got 2 D130's for one cab and 3 D120's for the other. Gotta find one more D120...

jhmp

Alright Ren,
see what happens when you're distracted
- although I could be persuaded to tell who nicked it...