• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Current bursts for sale...

Roman4405

Just gotta say, this thread is awesome. :dude:

I really gotta start working more OT.

Ag_Nathus

Just wondering, when I see numbers like this: $244,546., they seem almost comically specific. Is it like the base desired price with dealer commission figured in or something like that?

Thanks!
ag

Cody

Just wondering, when I see numbers like this: $244,546., they seem almost comically specific. Is it like the base desired price with dealer commission figured in or something like that?

Thanks!
ag
Usually those would be prices converted from another currency. If a burst is for sale in the UK, it probably has a nice, even price tag in £, and Reverb would convert it to an odd $ number.

You’ll also see the odd numbers fluctuate constantly, along with the market.

JJ Blair

Have we decided what's up with the headstock on that dark burst yet? That star next to the logo, the rather sloppy scrape job on "Gibson" and the silk screen being in the wrong place and a little cockeyed? Do we know the story?

Ag_Nathus

Usually those would be prices converted from another currency. If a burst is for sale in the UK, it probably has a nice, even price tag in £, and Reverb would convert it to an odd $ number.

You’ll also see the odd numbers fluctuate constantly, along with the market.
Ah, that makes sense, thank you!

DEVILBAT

Looks like Al R. has the late Mark Reale's (Riot) burst (9 0314) up for sale. I remember how stoked Al was when Uncle Lou was selling the guitar after Lou bought it from Mark's father. It's up for sale now via reverb. Nice lemondrop plainttop '59....
https://reverb.com/item/12250924-gibson-les-paul-standard-1959-sunburst-the-riot-burst

wTAqr5k.jpg

5KW4aEV.jpg

GXacj3R.jpg

ecwAk1F.jpg

F-Hole

I presume the $375,000 price tag on a plain top is a typing error.

Well, either that or I'm behind the market. I'd sell a flamey 'burst for $100k less.

marshall1987

I really dig the Mark Reale Les Paul...especially the aged amber sunburst plain top. Add in a dose of Mark Reale provenance and you have one special guitar! :dude:

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Here's 0 0221, currently for sale at Forum Sponsor Storybook Guitars!:dude:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dIj74SExqcM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sws1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dIj74SExqcM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like the current/previous owner doing the demo.

Maxmc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dIj74SExqcM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
I wonder which amp. The Matchless, the Fender or possibly something else? Does anyone know? Great sound!

Storybook Guitars

Looks like the current/previous owner doing the demo.
The name of the player is Justin Forrest. He is an incredible player and great guy. He also can sing with as much soul. He is currently recording an album that will be coming out soon.

mipstoo

There are a couple on Reverb sold in Japan. You have to set your shipping preference to "anywhere" to see them. Can't upload pictures, sorry. :##

sws1

There are a couple on Reverb sold in Japan. You have to set your shipping preference to "anywhere" to see them. Can't upload pictures, sorry. :##

G'Club - $301k
kk1pmxswndgpifkprvho.jpg

G'Club - $301k
e0ug1ur5djgv3ke3oh3a.jpg